Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need some input on rear shock/spring or coilover setup

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 08:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some input on rear shock/spring or coilover setup

I'm looking at swapping out my rear shocks and springs (only stock parts left on the car) for something else. i'm not sure what i want to do though. I like the adjustability of coilovers so i can set my stance however i want, but i really don't know if they're necessary. I was originally planning on doing SA QA1s or Strange shocks with the appropriate spring.

I know the coilover debate has been done before, i just can't make up my mind based on what i've read on here. The car isn't a DD and it isn't a race car either. I want it to perform as best it can at the strip though. I don't mind a sacrifice in ride quality, as long as it isn't terrible. I try to do the Hot Rod Power Tour or similar events and don't want to listen to the woman whine. The car weighs 3560 with my Bogarts on it and me in it.

What do you guys think? coilover conversion, or just shocks/springs?
Old 08-01-2012, 10:18 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might consider trying the adjustable shocks with stock springs at first. Later You can add the coil over springs if You get the threaded body shock. Gives You an opportunity to compare performance vs ride quality.

Carl
Old 08-01-2012, 10:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking more along the lines of the weld-in conversion, are there any actual benefits/drawbacks of this setup versus a good drag shock & spring with the right spring rate? Or is it just personal preferance?

Quick Reply: Need some input on rear shock/spring or coilover setup