Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR front shock spacer review

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default BMR front shock spacer review

I got them, because my pro kit sagged in the front...even worse because of my iron block. the front end was so low, i couldn't adjust it enough to correct the negative camber. the tie rod angle was so bad, it would force the car to dive more during turns.

They are advertized to raise the front of the car 1/2 inch, when in fact, it's closer to 1 inch, causing the front to sit about 1/2 higher than the rear with the hose mod.

Longer bolts should also be included (3.5"), due to either having not enough threads left or NO threads left when the spacers are installed.

Luckily, i have an ample bolt bin, and i still had my factory rubber rear spring perches to reinstall. So i simply reversed the hose mod in the rear, and the car sits level again.

It sits 1" higher in the front and 1/2" higher in the rear. Fixing the front sag also restored the proper geometry to the car.

BEFORE:

AFTER: front spacers and deleted rear hose mod

Last edited by rumblebox; 04-08-2013 at 09:08 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:53 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Did you give the car anytime to settle back down after you did the install? I am just curious to what the actual ride height measurement is after the spacers were installed. I will shoot my boss over the recommendation to include longer bolts with the kit which will definitely help make the install easier. We definitely appreciate your feedback!

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 04-08-2013, 08:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i drove it around the block and weaved back and forth a few times to make sure everything settled back the way it was.

it sits at 26" from ground to fender with the iron block. give or take 1/4" from worn out strut bushings.

Last edited by rumblebox; 04-08-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:57 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Okay let me check that measurement versus what we have and I will get back to you.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!

Quick Reply: BMR front shock spacer review