Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni sale, on the way March 1st.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 06:25 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

Default Koni sale, on the way March 1st.

Koni's are set to go on sale on 3/1. They are getting smarter about this..... very little warning this time and so far no end date (in the past it's been specified).

The sale will make a set of on-car adjustable Koni Sports $835, those would be what people refer to as 4/4's. "4/3"s will be $739 Koni DA's will be $1349/set.

Free shipping on any set of shocks + springs together.

I can take pre-orders at these prices starting immediately, because I can hold the order until the start of the sale. You would be placing a PRE-ORDER. In other words, you will NOT be charged or processed until the opening of business on 3/1/13. Strano Performance Parts can do this because you will NOT BE CHARGED immediately (this is a perk of not taking a CC online, aside from the fact it's safer since it can't be stolen from the web).

***Please note this is not a Strano Performance Parts sale. I have no control over the pricing before the sale and I cannot (as much as I'd like to) issue credit on already purchased/shipped items bought before the start of the sale. As of 3/1 when the sale started Koni base prices increased... those order already placed will be honored at the prices previously stated. New prices are shown above.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Last edited by Sam Strano; 03-01-2013 at 09:45 AM.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn! If only I didnt already own them Lol Goodluck with the sale Sam
Old 02-27-2013, 01:15 PM
TECH Regular

Wondering if you are considering putting a deal together with this shock sale and some of your springs to compete with what BMR is doing at the moment??
Theyre offering the Koni 4/4's with their 1.25" lowering springs for $846.72.

I would prefer to buy Strano springs, but am having trouble getting past the price difference.

Thanks Sam.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:16 PM
TECH Regular

***Edit***

Sorry, double post....
Old 02-27-2013, 01:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My trigger finger is getting itchy...
Old 02-27-2013, 02:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I had the heads up a few months ago...would have saved me $60 per shock. I think paid $325 each for the fronts plus shipping. Oh well. Just put your front sway bar on last week. I'm doing the rear this week.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:20 PM
Teching In

Just pre-ordered the Koni sports 4/4 and Sam's springs! First time ordering from Stranoparts. I had a quick question about lowering my car and Sam got back to me in less than 30 min. Will be ordering more parts from him in the future. Thanks Sam!!!
Old 02-27-2013, 03:23 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 94LT1TA6spd
Wondering if you are considering putting a deal together with this shock sale and some of your springs to compete with what BMR is doing at the moment??
Theyre offering the Koni 4/4's with their 1.25" lowering springs for $846.72.

I would prefer to buy Strano springs, but am having trouble getting past the price difference.

Thanks Sam.
If they want to give away their springs for nothing, that is their business. I cannot and will not do it. They cost me too much to make. I don't buy cheap springs from companies you've maybe never heard of. Also if you are shipping to an address in the US (NY maybe) I'm shipping a setup for free as well, which is part of the bottom line.

I'm selling the Koni's for less than they are, and I've already cut some off my springs too (AND the free shipping). But there comes a point where I will not go any further based on a number of things like the costs, the value of my advice on setup, the history and proven nature of the springs and how they came to be, etc.

I just can't afford to cut my throat here, if they want to that is their business I guess.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 02-28-2013, 12:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

good sale. i took advanatage of this couple years ago. Still loving it.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Selling like hotcakes.... Still lots of good stock left.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:55 PM
Staging Lane

Default Go with Strano . . .

By buying from Sam, you are putting money in a qualified and knowledgeable person's pocket. You are not just buying twisted steel into springs; you are purchasing his years of racing knowledge, not to mention a passion for the sport of cars and racing.
I went with the Bilstein/Strano spring and sway bar setup and can't be happier. Road comfort is slightly sacrificed, but cornering ability makes up for that.
BMR is selling more products for more vehicles, therefore they are able to cut the cost on many products. Simple business.

Ask a rep at BMR to BS with you about racing or even a forum post on LSTech, I bet it won't happen. Sam talked to me about cars, forum posts, auto-x. A real car guy!
His springs are from Germany (I think) and Germany is known for high quality stuff. Look at a BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, etc. you get it...
BMR-whats the quality of their steel?

Just buy Strano! Stop thinking about it
Old 03-26-2013, 08:50 PM
TECH Addict

I took up on this deal a few years back. Love my konis, love my stranos... Buy it up!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:20 PM
TECH Resident

any idea on how long the deal will run to?
Old 03-29-2013, 03:37 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

It will run until Koni ends it. I've not seen anything official on that front, I suspect until around the end of May, but I cannot and will no promise. The longer we wait, the more chance of running out of stock too (it's happened more than once). I currently have pretty decent stock, because we started out with a lot of them, but it is dropping.

My advice, don't wait to long, there are folks every year that do that and either the sale ends, or they wait for more stock to arrive.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:38 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Bumping. New shipment in today, can't beat the prices.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

damn income return needs to get here so I can jump on this
Old 04-08-2013, 12:09 AM
Launching!

Hey sam, i know this probably sounds like a dumb question (i think i already know) but i was looking on your site and on the Koni SA front sport shock, is the 270$ for a pair or is that for each shock? i was all excited thinking it was the pair but i am wrong huh? its for each one?
Old 04-08-2013, 12:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

That is for one shock only.. sam has a set of all four corners for $835.
BMR is selling the same with their rip-off of his strano springs for $836 plus shipping. I suspect our for sale section is going to be flooded with BMR springs the sooner everyone figures this out. If you only want the front shocks, and the free springs, I will buy the rear Koni's from you as I am looking for only rears right now. I will offer to pay $250 for just the rears. You can sell the springs for $250 and the front shocks will only be invested about $300 for both front shocks! If anyone wants to do that PM me.

Last edited by 00firebird; 04-08-2013 at 12:36 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:00 AM
Staging Lane

Wish i had the money right now. Just a week ago bought Strano hollow sway bars. The first ones in Russia. lol Well, great communication, besides my english is not so good as i wish, but still we understood each other. Thanx a lot Sam. Hope i'll get the shocks soon.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:45 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by ggino85
Hey sam, i know this probably sounds like a dumb question (i think i already know) but i was looking on your site and on the Koni SA front sport shock, is the 270$ for a pair or is that for each shock? i was all excited thinking it was the pair but i am wrong huh? its for each one?
That is each.

Quick Reply: Koni sale, on the way March 1st.