Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

***need help*** installing torque arm relocation , fluid coming out of bolt holes

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 12:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***need help*** installing torque arm relocation , fluid coming out of bolt holes

i'm installing my BMR torque arm and relocation mount and i was taking off the bolts that hold the factory brackets on and fluid is pissing out of the bolt holes..is this normal ? ..if so how and i supose to stop it from leaking?..the bolts are not going back in .

Old 04-27-2013, 01:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Somehow, I DON'T think that's right. I've had that bracket loose on my car, a couple of times in the past, and I don't recall any fluid dripping out....
Old 04-27-2013, 02:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That's not good...
Old 04-27-2013, 02:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ThoR294
That's not good...
no it's not good at all .. i need to know if anyone else has had this problem .. and why it's doing it , i have my relocation bracket in and there is no room to put a bolt back in the hole

Old 04-28-2013, 04:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dickie-311
no it's not good at all .. i need to know if anyone else has had this problem .. and why it's doing it , i have my relocation bracket in and there is no room to put a bolt back in the hole
The bolt shouldn't be acting as a seal. It appears that you have either a porous tailshaft housing, or possibly a cracked housing....
Old 04-28-2013, 11:19 PM
Launching!

Is it still pissing fluid? Have you looked in the hole using a flashlight and a mirror? Perhaps hit it with some brake cleaner and a rag to clean it up and check for cracks.

Is the relocation bracket tight against the trans? Looks like it will make noise when the trans moves around on it's mount.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

I don't see one drop of fluid in your pics.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
I don't see one drop of fluid in your pics.
ONCE it drained out of the bolt hole it stopped , after I got the car back together I fired it up and it didn't leak one drop .. hoping when I drive the car it doesn't leak out , but it doesn't explain way there was fluid in the bolt hole in the first place .
Old 04-29-2013, 08:18 PM
Launching!

I imagine you had a leak somewhere else that found it's way into the bolt hole. Or the case is cracked inside the bolt hole and the leak is very minute. Next question: if it took how long to fill the bolt hole without you noticing, then is it worth worrying about? I would suggest keep an eye on your fluid levels and don't worry about it too much. Call it a constant slow flush of the trans fluid.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my guess since you are replacing said parts is the oem torque arm or whatever was attached to the transmission caused it to crack the housing. that is why they offer the relocation to get the torque arm off the tail of the trans.
if there is a crack inside the bolt holes, i would just clean it with brake cleaner then fill it up the entire hole with rtv for $10. the fluid isn't under any kind of pressure there and that would keep it from leaking. the other thing, don't know if it's worth it, is to remove the transmission cross member and lower the transmission and jack the front of the car to get fluid to the tail of the transmission and see how bad the leak is.

Quick Reply: ***need help*** installing torque arm relocation , fluid coming out of bolt holes