Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lower or upper set of holes on relocation brackets for best track results?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 11:02 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Lower or upper set of holes on relocation brackets for best track results?

By the way, why is there 2 sets of holes? Honestly, I bought them because Im trying everything I can to help out my 60 fts. and I really dont know how they work, could you explain? Lastly, do you think they even help on non-lowered cars? Thanks.

Oh...I installed them already, I had hell getting them on, I had to pry the hell out of them to get the LCA in there to get the bolt through. Did anyone else have this problem? I didnt want to change the adjustment on the rod end of the LCA because I put them to stock length. Did I get a bad set or is this normal? Thanks.
Old 04-30-2004, 01:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are 2 sets of holes for different heights.
You want the LCA's to be parallel to the ground (or as close as possible) with the car off the jack/stands.

Also If your Panhard & LCA's are adjustable, you want to adjust them while your car is on the ground.

Last edited by Wildman; 04-30-2004 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 04-30-2004, 02:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

For maximum bite go with the lower holes. If you get
rear brake hop on hard deceleration (like ABS-active-
hard deceleration) then you would have to back off,
otherwise it's all good.
Old 05-01-2004, 07:30 PM
9 Second Club NA

Ok...I have 2 different answers, does anyone want to pitch in their opinion? Also, I took it to the track the other day after the install on these, but the weather wasnt that great. My 60 ft. times were worse, do you think its a possiblity that these brackets could of hurt my times?
Old 05-04-2004, 08:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackBeaSSt
Ok...I have 2 different answers, does anyone want to pitch in their opinion? Also, I took it to the track the other day after the install on these, but the weather wasnt that great. My 60 ft. times were worse, do you think its a possiblity that these brackets could of hurt my times?
Both of the answers were correct. If you wan't better ET's than you go with the lower hole. But understand that under heavy braking, your wheel might hop, making a bad situation worse.

The only way the brackets could have given you worse ET's is if the rear tire was hoping. (you would know). That is the purpose of the LCA Reloc. Brackets, to help prevent wheel hop. If the LCA's are too high, you get wheel hop during acceleration. If it is too low, you will get wheel hop during hard braking. (Both of those are in reference to the bracket).

Does that answer you question?
Old 05-06-2004, 06:20 PM
9 Second Club NA

Well I have it set on the upper holes. I wasnt getting wheel hop even before I installed the relocation brackets, I bought them because I thought they would help my 60 ft. With the LCAs being in the upper hole, it is lower in the rear compared to it being bolted to the body. In other words, the portion of the LCA that bolts to the rear end is lower. With the LCAs being in the upper holes, I dont get wheel hop during acceleration or decceleration. Do you think I should try the lower ones? Thanks. By the way, does the brackets/holes change the pinion angle any?
Old 05-06-2004, 07:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackBeaSSt
Well I have it set on the upper holes. I wasnt getting wheel hop even before I installed the relocation brackets, I bought them because I thought they would help my 60 ft. With the LCAs being in the upper hole, it is lower in the rear compared to it being bolted to the body. In other words, the portion of the LCA that bolts to the rear end is lower. With the LCAs being in the upper holes, I dont get wheel hop during acceleration or decceleration. Do you think I should try the lower ones? Thanks. By the way, does the brackets/holes change the pinion angle any?
You can try, but I don't think you will see very much improvement on your 60' if you didn't have traction problems or wheel hop before you installed them.

If this is a race only car, I'd say go for it. But if it is a daily driver, I would say try to stay horizontal to be safe.

LCA Relocation brackets are mostly a necessity for cars that have been lowered because they are changing where the center of the wheel/axle height.

I hope someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Good luck

Quick Reply: Lower or upper set of holes on relocation brackets for best track results?