Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

G2 4 Point STB

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 02:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G2 4 Point STB

Basically is it really any better? Worth the effort or is a BMR/Hotchkis just as good?
Old 04-30-2004, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have it, I like it. Can't really compare it, as I never had a 2 point, but from physics/engineering standpoint this must be better. You cannot do triangulation with 2 points. Granted, the middle 2 points get bolted to a VERY soft piece of metal, but it's better than just connecting the two strut towers. The effect is that during turns (especially when transitioning) the car just reacts quicker. Without the STB, if you do a quick left-right, the car will just bind up and turn right, without even going left. With STB, it will tense up quicker and the nose will follow where you point it.
If that's gonna be your only mod, that's fine. however it doesn't compare with real shocks. I'd rather just save up a bit, and get shocks instead. you will feel the difference at all times, not just during quick direction changes. It's a good part, but with not much bang per buck, unless it's the finishing touch on a whole other pile of other mods.