Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Viking Performance Berserker ASM Shock

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 05:59 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Viking Performance Berserker ASM Shock

Just seen these will be out soon. I wonder if they use magnetic particles like the MRI type or something different.

http://www.nmcadigital.com/2014/01/2...ker-asm-shock/

Viking Performance takes suspension control to the next level with its award-winning, revolutionary Berserker ASM™ (Active Shock Management) system. The Viking Berserker ASM™ was named the Best Engineered New Product 2014 at the SEMA show, and also was recognized with two Global Media Awards. This all-new smart suspension management system is the ONLY aftermarket system that monitors chassis input and reacts to it by automatically adjusting shock valving up to 1,000 times per second! The Berserker ASM™ provides the ultimate in performance handling and ride control right out of the box. In addition, an optional upgrade allows advanced unlimited tuning and suspension data acquisition for drag racing, autocross, road racing or other applications via a laptop plug-in or a soon-to-be-released smart phone app. This made-in-the-USA system includes a controller on each shock with a chassis-mounted master controller overseeing the complete suspension. Yaw-rate, position, accelerometer, and steering position sensors are also incorporated.

Read more: http://www.streetrodderweb.com/tech/...#ixzz2vEMHJu83

The made-in-the-USA Berserker ASM™ utilizes hydraulic shocks with computer-controlled, electrically actuated valving. This delivers ultra-high performance suspension control with improved ride quality, and without the need for the driver to adjust anything. The Berserker ASM™ includes a technological built-in bump stop to prevent the shocks from topping or bottoming out, and automatically adjusts to absorb potholes, speed bumps, rough terrain, wheel stands and so on. The Viking Berserker ASM™ optimizes cornering, stopping, and launching to provide the ultimate system for autocross, road race, drag racing or just plain old cruising. For more information on this revolutionary product, visit Viking Performance’s website

http://www.streetrodderweb.com/tech/...od_garage.html

Last edited by Suaveat69; 03-06-2014 at 06:04 PM.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely an intriguing product. I'll probably wait for the first generation to be released, read up on some reviews, and debate if it's worth the extra expense.

Very cool concept.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:33 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

They're going to cost 5 grand. You do know that, right?
Old 03-13-2014, 09:59 AM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

5 grand?

You know, in the import world, you can get TEIN EDC for TEIN coilovers for like $300... electronically control the valving from the drivers seat. Not sure why we don't have something like that for our cars. Or why we couldn't do that with the regular DA Vikings. It's just a box with a motor that turns the manual valve on the shock via a remote, electronically controlled switch. Think a remote nitrous bottle opener. Change the settings from firm to soft. Yeah, it won't adjust it automatically in real-time as road conditions change, but it'd still be a nice product.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:24 AM
The Scammer Hammer

They'd be PERFECT on my C5 to get rid of my magnetic ride control. But yeah, YIKES at the price!! And, I've already got that sensor piece on my upper control arms, so this would be plug and play
Old 03-13-2014, 10:44 AM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

When I was seriously considering buying a Vette, I was looking for those without the magnetic ride control... I was going to throw Pfadt coilovers on there... whoops.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:50 AM
The Scammer Hammer

The Magnetics from GM (F55) are actually going to be cheaper, but NOT better. I just dug up an old Facebook post from Viking I commented on. It's on Vikings FB page, and dated October 24th.

Whigham - Any plans for this in a C5 application? Would be a great alternative to the fail prone F55 magnetic shocks, and better than losing the option entirely when people ditch them in favor of the C6z06 shocks bc of the magnetic's RIDICULOUS price.

Their response:

Viking Performance, Inc. The Berserker ASM will be available across our full offering, which includes the C5. We are still finalizing pricing, but the system should have a retail price of roughly $5000 for the complete car. We will also be offering this system in just front and rear kits, including application specific tuned systems, such as drag racing.

Who knows, maybe they tweaked the pricing. BUT, if it comes with a lifetime warranty, and with Pfadt dropping out of the game, I'd probably buy them

Quick Reply: Viking Performance Berserker ASM Shock