Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

torque arm wheel hop

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 06:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default torque arm wheel hop

So I just put my BMR adjustable torque arm in but can't seem to find where it needs to be I've tried -1 to -3 still hops its lowered with BMR 1.25 rear springs and eibach sport lines up front any help please
Old 03-31-2014, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ls1_johns
So I just put my BMR adjustable torque arm in but can't seem to find where it needs to be I've tried -1 to -3 still hops its lowered with BMR 1.25 rear springs and eibach sport lines up front any help please
I think you have the wrong forum. As these cars don't have a torque arm.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by silver1r
I think you have the wrong forum. As these cars don't have a torque arm.

i believe he has a camaro judging from his previous posts, and you have a cts-v ?

not sure how the forums are laid out, i always figure it's about an f-body unless otherwise stated

from what little i know about wheel hop, i thought it was caused primarily by the tires and then the amount of suspension flex not keeping the wheels or rather the rear axle positioned. so you would be looking at the oem rubber bushings in the lca's, panhard bar, and torque arm.
I don't think the setting of the pinion angle has any affect on hop, what would have an affect is if that angle you set changes under load, and with an aftermarket torque arm it shouldn't.
but for setting the adjustable torque arm, you are setting that to have the ujoints at the front and rear of the drive shaft to be in phase.

Last edited by 1 FMF; 03-31-2014 at 10:53 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1 FMF
i believe he has a camaro judging from his previous posts, and you have a cts-v ?

not sure how the forums are laid out, i always figure it's about an f-body unless otherwise stated

from what little i know about wheel hop, i thought it was caused primarily by the tires and then the amount of suspension flex not keeping the wheels or rather the rear axle positioned. so you would be looking at the oem rubber bushings in the lca's, panhard bar, and torque arm.
I don't think the setting of the pinion angle has any affect on hop, what would have an affect is if that angle you set changes under load, and with an aftermarket torque arm it shouldn't.
but for setting the adjustable torque arm, you are setting that to have the ujoints at the front and rear of the drive shaft to be in phase.
This was just moved from the cts-v section. So thats why I said what I said.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:00 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

1_FMF is correct, pinion angle has no effect on wheel hop/traction. It only affect u-joint angle which primarily causes driveline vibrations. However, if the only parts you have are what you mentioned I can tell you exactly whet the problem is and how to solve it. You need lower control arm relocation brackets. Right now your anti-squat is negative, and the reaction force of the suspension is actually unloading the tires. If you look at your car from the side, you will notice your control arms run at an upward angle to the rear end. They should be straight, or downhill at the rear. This is a common issue with lowered cars

http://bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&productid=277

(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 04-03-2014, 11:42 AM
TECH Junkie

I agree with BMR. Also what kind of shocks do you have? If just stock crappy shocks, that can also contribute to the wheel hop

Quick Reply: torque arm wheel hop