Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Help with Comp Cams Brake Vacuum Pump

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 06:00 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help with Comp Cams Brake Vacuum Pump

Hopefully someone can help with this. I have an LSx454 powered car, and am trying to improve the brake vacuum.

I am fitting a Comp Cams Vacuum Pump and Remote reservoir. I have it all plumbed up as I thought was correct. The remote canister has two ports. One I took directly to the brake booster. The other is plumbed from the canister to the inline pressure switch that came with the kit, then the other side of the switch goes to the vacuum side of the pump.

So far so good.

When I power it up the switch turns on, the pump works for about 5 seconds. It then stops. After about a minute the pump starts up again, then shuts down again after about 5 seconds. And so it goes.

I expected the switch to turn the pump on and leave it on until the correct vacuum was reached then it would juts turn off. Is that not correct?

I have also heard the pumps leak slightly, so would I be better off putting a one way valve between the pump and the tank so once the vacuum is reached there is no chance of it bleeding past the pump?

All help very much appreciated.

This is the kit.

Old 07-29-2014, 06:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is how I have it set up if it helps at all.

Quick Reply: Help with Comp Cams Brake Vacuum Pump