Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Founders panhard bar

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 10:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Founders panhard bar

So About two years ago installed a Founders on car adjustable panhard bar on mt 98 TA. No problems whatsoever. Car has been parked quite a bit and got in to drive and now going over bumps Im getting a hell of a noise coming from the rear. Crawling under neath to check everything, only noticed that in the middle of the panhard where it adjusts, there is about a 1/4 inch of play and a little loose?
It ahs been so long since I messed with this piece and I was checking if it was normal? Havent had time to tighten it up yet.
I cant really pin point the noise and what to compare it to. Just a hell of a thud or hard rattles. I was going with torque arm mount or trans mount but they are looking good.
Any advice is appreciated

I have the works on suspension BTW minus sway bars
Old 08-09-2014, 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Re-check and make sure you axle is still centered on both sides. The adjustment nut came loose from driving hitting bumps etc. make sure you put blue loctite on the adjustment nut when you tighten it other wise it will come loose as yours has, and shift the axle
Old 08-09-2014, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok cool..not supposed to be loose like that then. Ill get on it tommorow hopefully and report back if thats the fix I needed. TY much good person

Quick Reply: Founders panhard bar