Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

How Low Can I Go....

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 10:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Low Can I Go....

before I start reversing the gains from my new suspension. If I remember right, someone said a 1.5 drop is about as low as you want to go before you start messing with the suspension geometry.

Ive done a search and didnt come up with anything. Ive installed:

GC coilovers w/500 front, 150 back
Koni SAs
LG LCAs poly/heim
LG torque arm
LG panhard heim/heim
spohn SFCs

Im going for an alignment tomorrow and I would like to have everything setup before hand. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-03-2004, 11:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you lower it more than about 1.5 inches, you will spend alot of time on the bump stops. Or, you'll need more spring rate. I would use that as a maximum for lowering, 1.25" may be better, but somewhere in that range should get you started.
Old 06-04-2004, 01:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Just to give you an example of what trackbird's saying - with my Hypercoil rear springs (very similar drop to Prokits) I'm about 1.5" lower than stock. Even with my rear bump stop spacers removed, I only have a bit over 2" of downward travel before the stops make contact with the rear axle. I don't understand how the guys with Sportlines do it...
Old 06-05-2004, 12:40 AM
Teching In

Question springs

I have a 97 z28, hey what eibach spring will lower thecar 1.5 inches, is it the sportlines or the drag launch kit
Originally Posted by KA0S
before I start reversing the gains from my new suspension. If I remember right, someone said a 1.5 drop is about as low as you want to go before you start messing with the suspension geometry.

Ive done a search and didnt come up with anything. Ive installed:

GC coilovers w/500 front, 150 back
Koni SAs
LG LCAs poly/heim
LG torque arm
LG panhard heim/heim
spohn SFCs

Im going for an alignment tomorrow and I would like to have everything setup before hand. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-05-2004, 11:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by z28guy
I have a 97 z28, hey what eibach spring will lower thecar 1.5 inches, is it the sportlines or the drag launch kit
Eibach Prokit will lower the car about 1.5", Sportlines will be more like 2"+, and I'm not familiar with the drag launch kit.