Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need Rear Brake Help on a 95Z28

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Rear Brake Help on a 95Z28

Okay so I knew I would run into some issues with the rear brake pads and rotor replacement, because I tried to research the rear parking cable and couldn't really find much... Sure enough, I'm having trouble depressing the piston back in, and I'm wondering if it's just because maybe I should have unhooked the parking brake cable shown in the picture below? I don't want to jump to conclusions here and say it's a bad caliper until I have to... Thoughts?

Old 01-26-2017, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You should not need to remove the parking brake cable to depress the piston, but it does need to be fully released.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spartan7
You should not need to remove the parking brake cable to depress the piston, but it does need to be fully released.
Thanks for the quick advise! It turns out I was using the little brake caliper tool with the ****, and I needed a little bit more leverage with a large C clamp. After that, I was able to finally get the correct bolts off and swivel the caliber so that I could slide off the caliper bracket. Those rear brakes were harder than I thought, but I got the job done!

Quick Reply: Need Rear Brake Help on a 95Z28