Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR turbo K-member install issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 04:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default BMR turbo K-member install issue

I got this BMR turbo k-member off craigslist. I believe it's only a year or so old. I was told you can reuse your stock bolts. The problem is that the stock bolts have that metal clip attached to the head. My k-member has no hole for these clips to fit into. If you go to their website, all of their turbo k-members have a hole drilled in the top for the clip to fit down in. Was this one never drilled? What about the two horizontal bolts that go through the main shaft of the a-arm? They also have these clips but no holes for them.

Old 01-06-2017, 06:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Drill it, simple fix.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:51 PM
TECH Resident

The one i installed 2 years ago didn't have them either.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:27 AM
10 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Why not get some new bolts also instead of the old stockers anyway. Definitely would be a good idea too imo
Old 01-09-2017, 07:22 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Tom565
I got this BMR turbo k-member off craigslist. I believe it's only a year or so old. I was told you can reuse your stock bolts. The problem is that the stock bolts have that metal clip attached to the head. My k-member has no hole for these clips to fit into. If you go to their website, all of their turbo k-members have a hole drilled in the top for the clip to fit down in. Was this one never drilled? What about the two horizontal bolts that go through the main shaft of the a-arm? They also have these clips but no holes for them.

Easiest and best solution is to source new bolts.
Old 01-09-2017, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i just got my BMR turbo K and installed the front suspension onto it..... i believe the holes your referring to are the oblong slots you see, i dont believe they were machined the right size but the tabs will fit into the slot with the bolt but you have to bend the tab a bit to fit, BMR needs to make those slots bigger, other then that everything fit great, definitely a sturdy piece!
Old 01-27-2017, 01:17 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1charged
i just got my BMR turbo K and installed the front suspension onto it..... i believe the holes your referring to are the oblong slots you see, i dont believe they were machined the right size but the tabs will fit into the slot with the bolt but you have to bend the tab a bit to fit, BMR needs to make those slots bigger, other then that everything fit great, definitely a sturdy piece!
The oblong slots are strictly for alignment adjustment of the lower control arms.

I always recommend to people if they are re-using stock hardware to trim the tab off. We do not use the locating hole for it because it limits the amount of adjustment you have for more aggressive alignment specs or for lowered cars

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 01-27-2017, 01:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
The oblong slots are strictly for alignment adjustment of the lower control arms.

I always recommend to people if they are re-using stock hardware to trim the tab off. We do not use the locating hole for it because it limits the amount of adjustment you have for more aggressive alignment specs or for lowered cars
i just found this out the other day lol so the tabs dont need to be there? are the bolts accessable up top to hold the bolt from spinning when tightening it from the bottom if theres not tab to hold it when the K is installed? about to install the K and my motor in the car
Old 01-27-2017, 04:50 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

yes, they are very easy to get a wrench on and ratchet/impact the nut from the bottom side

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!

Quick Reply: BMR turbo K-member install issue