Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Installing eibach pro kit need help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 02:29 PM
formerly BlacKSS2oo2 (9-20-2012)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Installing eibach pro kit need help!!!

I have a 2oo2 SS. Has anyone installed lowering springs on thier ride.. I need some things I might need and some simple how too's. If anyone has any info that would help me, shout out!!

thanks,
mike.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

adjustable pan hard bar, lca relocation brackets, lcas help too, spring compressor (might help with removing stock springs), bilstein shocks (atleast the fronts), a 12 pack of your favorite suds and some patience, the bolts on the shocks can be a bitch.

oh and when you are done go get the car fully aligned or you'll chew up your tires
T
Old 07-06-2004, 04:24 PM
Teching In

Dude, just don't lower it. I bought mine lowered and I raised it back up. Or at least if you are do it properly, get all the stuff that slik98z listed. Mine would scrape everywhere, and there would be noise coming from my rear end, and the trasmission would rattle like crazy where going over 100mph. I broke my tailshaft twice and guys at the shop said it was because the car was lowered and that set the wrong pinion angle?. Now I raised it back up and the ride is much smoother ( I did lose tons of handling), and there is less noise from the rear end. Just get a set of strut spring compressors for the front, the rear ones just come out ones you disconnect the rear sway bar links. You'll need also need to pull the master cylinder off the firewall (leave all the lines hooked up). Give yourself about 4-6 hours to do everything. email me with any questions.
Old 07-06-2004, 04:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man its so easy to do. how many miles on the car? do lower control arm relocator brackets and adjustable panhard with new struts at the least like said. just be real careful with spring compressors that they dont pop off. its not hard just time comsuming the first time. after 4 times of doing it i can swap out the front strut and spring assembly in 25 min start to finish so once u do one side the other side will be tons easier. get some wd40 too it will make things a lot easier. now would be a good time to get some sway bar poly bushings too if you wanted, they are cheap
Old 07-06-2004, 05:43 PM
formerly BlacKSS2oo2 (9-20-2012)

I have limited money soo u actually think that I new to get the relocation parts as listed above? I though u could just swap springs?????
Old 07-06-2004, 05:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

if u lower it you will get some nasty wheel hop without the relocation brackets, i mean my buddy has a pro kit and none of this but u dont wanna go jammin gears real hard unless u have it set up right, wheel hop will be bad
Old 07-06-2004, 08:11 PM
TECH Regular

adjustable pan hard bar, lca relocation brackets, alignment. do you need to get new shocks? my car has about 65k miles
Old 07-06-2004, 09:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

i would get new shocks, alignment? why? i didnt and everyone i know hasnt and has had no problems. only thing it will do it mess up the camber but will allow the tires to wear even in and out when you take cornering into consideration. it made the life of the outter edge of my tire longer and the inside isnt wearing down any faster, nice even wear
Old 07-06-2004, 09:46 PM
TECH Regular

so it messes up the camber? im confused, maybe im retarded
Old 07-06-2004, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

If your on a budget, I can vouch for skipping the usual ("you have to have") or else stuff, I did not get the adj panhard bar, bolt brackets, shocks and even an alingment. I dropped about an 1.8" or alil more all around with hypercoils. So far no problems with the rear uncentered, no wheel hop and alignment is debateable, maybe i need it maybe i dont. By simply not being able to tell right away I would not even worry about the alignment. Shocks yes, I could use em, but dont have any money for the bilsteins, dont get me wrong the car rides ok for now. In other words you will be ok unless you have like over 100,000 miles on dem. just my 2 cents.........
Old 07-06-2004, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

oh by the way when i say debatable, search for some threads, trackbird or mitch talk about how lowering your car would mostly likely not mess up your alignment.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

it doesnt mess up camber enough to worry about, forget i said it lol dont worry so much like i said and 2000z28m6 said, you dont HAVE to do it all it would just be a good idea if you have the extra cash i got the bmr kit that has half the stuff you need for 50 bucks off what it would cost to get it all separate, i liked that, plus it was a gift lol

Quick Reply: Installing eibach pro kit need help!!!