Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Replaced LCA's, noticed driver's side rear wheel not centered.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 11:51 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Replaced LCA's, noticed driver's side rear wheel not centered.

I've swapped out the stock LCA's for a pair of BMR street adjustables (yes, I know...).
Anyhow, both BMR LCA's were set to stock length. I've re-checked their length today after 3 days driving, and I did find that one jam nut on each side had come loose (I've already ordered fixed, tublular Spohn LCA's to replace these as I need not to worry about LCA's coming loose).
Anyhow, both LCA's measured the same length as they were installed 3 days ago, and I've Loctited the crap out of them.

I then noticed that my driver's side rear wheel is about 1/4" further back in the wheel well than the passenger's side. The passenger's side is perfectly centered. It's possible the 9" was installed this way from day one, and I've launched straight at the track with this setup, but today is when I've actually come to notice the difference.

Should I be concerned about the 1/4" difference? Should I go ahead and use the adjustability of the BMR LCA's to set the left rear wheel 1/4" further towards the front of the car to re-center it? Will this affect my alignment?

I'm new to dialing in suspension and drivetrain stuff, so any comments are appreciated.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you have relocation brakes on the rearend ,maybe check them to be sure they are both installed correctly, if one is turned further back than the other it would affect wheel base
Old 08-26-2004, 08:00 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I launched straight as an arrow at the track again. I think I'll leave things be. I just wonder if there's excessive tire drag- my mph could be about 1 or 2 better.

Quick Reply: Replaced LCA's, noticed driver's side rear wheel not centered.