Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

help with brake install

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 10:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question help with brake install

do i need to upgrade my brake lines?? to STAINLESS STEEL or something better then stock?? im about to intall new rotors and pads and i was just wondering if this is necessary or not...if so where can i get one for cheap??
i found one and itz like 140 for rear and front... is it worth it??
Old 09-08-2004, 10:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

my whole set up needs to break in first before I can truely comment on them, but supposed to give you better brake pedal feel. Try stranoparts or one of the other supporting vendors. Do a search in group purchase vendor sale areas as there were a few who were selling for 115.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:58 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TX_SS
do i need to upgrade my brake lines?? to STAINLESS STEEL or something better then stock?? im about to intall new rotors and pads and i was just wondering if this is necessary or not...if so where can i get one for cheap??
i found one and itz like 140 for rear and front... is it worth it??
Don't know if it's worth it on a street car but it made me feel better. I bought Earl's stainless lines from Thunder Racing a couple years ago. I did rotors and pads at the same time so can't say if the lines made a difference but my brake pedal feels firmer still. I would do this mod again if given the option.

The Earl's lines I got came with 5 lines. One for each brake and there is a 5th soft line at the rear of the car at the axle that goes to a tee if I remember correctly. I don't see the point if you don't replace ALL the soft lines.

The install is pretty straightforward. Bleeding the brakes sucks but other than being messy is pretty simple as well. Piece of advice, don't waste your money on speed bleeders. Ugh...bad experience.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Start here:

http://www.carbotecheng.com/faq-other-q3.htm

That is from Carbotech Engineering's website. They make some of the best race pads (and some excellent street pads as well) that you can buy. It is their thought on braided lines (and to some extent, mine as well).
Old 09-09-2004, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

The new brake line will make the pedal feel 10x better and you will need to modulate it less. Rubber vs Steel.

-Todd
Old 09-09-2004, 12:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The great pedal feel folks get after a brake line install is more attributed to fresh brake fluid than the brake lines.
Old 09-09-2004, 01:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mitchntx
The great pedal feel folks get after a brake line install is more attributed to fresh brake fluid than the brake lines.
Yup, that is the case.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by trackbird
Start here:

http://www.carbotecheng.com/faq-other-q3.htm

That is from Carbotech Engineering's website. They make some of the best race pads (and some excellent street pads as well) that you can buy. It is their thought on braided lines (and to some extent, mine as well).
thx folks...for the info...but i just read it in this website....they said DO NOT instaill it...if its streeet driven car....so i guess i dont need it~

Quick Reply: help with brake install