Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Hotckis TVS suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 03:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Hotckis TVS suspension?

Dooes anyone have any expirience with the Hotckis TVS suspension kit? I was just wondering if there was anything better out there.... Will a suspension like this help the car to get power to the ground better in straight acceleration? any reccomendations?

also will the stiiffening of the springs and shocks make the chasis more prone to twisting? or will it help under high power acceleration and fast cornering, and bumps in the road?

thanks in advance,

Last edited by v DaN 02; 09-25-2004 at 04:07 PM.
Old 09-27-2004, 04:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

The TVS System is mainly for handling purposes. You will gain some traction from the sfc's but it would be best to disconect the front swaybar to increase front suspension travel. This is the system I want to get, because it apparently handles like its on rails, and it only takes a minute to disconnect the swaybar.
Old 09-27-2004, 03:28 PM
Launching!

Question adjustable?

do you know if this suspension is adjustable? i would like the cornering ability somtimes but, other times i dont want to bottom out if i decide to put true duals on my car.... the drives side pipes will be a little low if i get the 3 inch x-pipes i want...

how are adjustable suspensions adjusted? wrenches? or by buttons?
Old 09-27-2004, 06:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Hotchkis sfc's, stb, lca's, swaybars, aphr. Think that's it. Granatelli springs which I will replace with Hotchkis. To say it handles like it's on rails is pretty accurate. It's fun coming across ricers who think they will lose the 'ol f-bod in fast corners. NOT lol. Same with stock C5's. The parts are big and beefy, never heard of a Hotchkis part breaking, unlike other brands (namely BMR crap). All bushings have grease fittings. You get what you pay for. If Hotchkis didn't exsist, I would go with LG.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:42 PM
Launching!

Question

i was just wondering about exhaust clearance, if i was to put 3 inch x-pipes on it, would the x-pipes bottom out, i dont want to have to deal with bottoming out all the time, i would like to be able to raise the car up, kind of like with airbags? like a push-button type suspension.... or somthing that is easily adjusted... i dont know if i want the 1 inch drop, i have read of problems with bottoming out with a drop but its fine at normal ride height...

any insight on this?

thanks in advance
Old 09-28-2004, 12:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you lower an fbody, you will eventually bottom out somewhere and scrape on parkinglot entries. It is an inevitable fact. Whether or not you scrape alot has to do with how you drive around those bad parts of the roads. With our cars being so long, you will run into some type of scraping eventually. But 1 inch isnt that much. You can still drive very similar to your stock springs, just be more cautious. If your worried that much, dont do it. But 1inch is the safest bet.

Fry