Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Time to upgrade....few questions..

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 03:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Time to upgrade....few questions..

ok...time to upgrade my suspension....all i currently have is bmr lowering springs, global west panhard rod. im lookin for good shocks and struts.

will it benefit me to scrap my springs for other ones along with the shocks and struts or can i use these springs and upgrade to a better strut/shock combo.

i like it stiff so the stiffer the better. its not my daily driver but its no track car either...just a weekend cruiser. let me hear some ideas from you suspension experts. thanx in advance.

2000 pontiac trans am ws.6 m6
Old 11-19-2004, 09:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say go Koni's all the way around, LCA's and relocation brackets since its lowered and a TQ arm for the rear. A new rear, either a 12bolt or a 9". For the front, a k-member and uppper and lower control arms and a new sway bar if you want. Also dont forget about SFC's
Old 11-19-2004, 09:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ninobrn99
I say go Koni's all the way around, LCA's and relocation brackets since its lowered and a TQ arm for the rear. A new rear, either a 12bolt or a 9". For the front, a k-member and uppper and lower control arms and a new sway bar if you want. Also dont forget about SFC's
Please explain the purpose behind each of those parts and how they will address the issues the original poster has.
Old 11-19-2004, 09:14 PM
TECH Addict

oops..my bad guess all he needed was the shocks..sorry!! I didnt read it all. Im sure you can do a better job helping him out...Ive read alot of your posts and think you'll be more helpful
Old 11-19-2004, 09:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

just call sam strano rick, he can revalve you a set to match your bmr springs, well try, since the bmr's are really progressive it might be hard to nail it
Old 11-20-2004, 08:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ninobrn99
yeah..thanx for the reply but i am just tryin for the best struts/shocks combo i can get with or without replacing my springs...other items will come at later time...oh and i do allready have sfc's...forgot to put that up.
Old 11-20-2004, 02:11 PM
TECH Addict

If you want the cheapest get the revalved Blistens. If you want the best or close to get the koni adjustables all the way around. Shouldnt set you back more than $780 and you have the option of chosing the stiffness of your ride. Im not sure how well they will work with the BMR springs if they're the 1.75 or 2" drop, but Im sure Sam could get more into detail about it.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been running OTS Bilstein HDs without an issue for 4 year, using Eibach Pros at first, then went to the stiffer Gr Super Springs.

Quick Reply: Time to upgrade....few questions..