Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Can get brake line to seal - SJM linelock kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can get brake line to seal - SJM linelock kit

Just got done installing my SJM Linelock/abs delete kit the other day. This is a nice packaged kit. It has everything you need to get the job done. I got is all together, but I cant get one of the lines to quit leaking. I had no issues with the rest of the lines, they all flared just fine. I took the leaking one back apart, cut it off, and re-flared it. But it is still leaking. Anyone have any suggestions? Should I try flaring it again? Is it possible there is an issue with the fitting I am trying to connect to. It is one the Y-block. The line from the linelock goes it and splits to two lines going to front brakes. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:10 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've already e-mailed you.

The fittings have an internal mating surface that compresses against the flared fitting on the line. If it was off-center or not mated correctly, you may have damaged the internal brass mating surface. You may try tightening it a bit more to conform it to the tube flare fitting. Look at how the internal fitting is deformed.

Let me know.

Steve
Old 04-06-2006, 06:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats what I call service. Email answered the same day. Thanks for the quick response. Email sent
Old 04-07-2006, 06:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well after talking with Steve from SJM. We figured out that the first time I flared that line, I flared it crooked and when it seated into the brass 90 degree fitting it damaged it. I went and bought $2 bucks worth of fittings this morning. I reflared the line and installed the new fitting and it has not leaked yet.

Just wanted to say thanks to Steve and SJM for putting out an excellent product and having great customer service.

Quick Reply: Can get brake line to seal - SJM linelock kit