Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Handling Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 07:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question Handling Question

I rotated my tires today, problem being when I got on the expressway I noticed my car felt lose during lane changes and such. Also it felt like it wants to wander in the lane sometimes. Checked all the lugs, and they are all tight. Still the same problem afterwards. I don't think it's any problem with the tires. Any ideas? Thanks
Old 07-01-2007, 09:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make sure the tires are still balanced. Sometimes the out of balance tires are on the rear and you won't really notice it until you move them to the front. Also, when is the last time you had an alignment (but tire rotation usually won't effect alignment)
Old 07-02-2007, 06:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So the ONLY change you made was rotating tires. And after doing so, you have issues. But you don't think the ONLY change you made is the problem.

hmmm ... have you considered returning the tires to their previous location and seeing if the issue goes away?

Unless you broke something doing the rotation, it HAS to be the tires. Or a very unlucky coincidence.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks fellas, issue resolved. I rerotated them back to orignal positions and it's better. I assumed it wasn't the tires because they are F1's with low mileage. I guess a belt slipped on one