Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

$450.00 left to go.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 09:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default $450.00 left to go.

well after my new motor, trans, rear, and brakes. I am done to 450.00 left. I have a set of LG springs sitting downstairs. So my question is do i go with Sam Sways or some HDs??? this is me getting ready for a time attack. Anyone got any used ones for sale?? with a good shock and spring combo do you really need that much sway. i was think maybe some HDs and new polly end links... well This is for Mitch and Sam to post up idea and anyone else that has race. This is not a "race car" its a street car looking to race....

thanks
Damian
Old 09-04-2007, 11:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

SAve up for Konis, I wish I had. My Bilsteins are good and I do not regret them, just wish I'd been more patient and gotten what I wanted. Koni SAs + Sam's sway bars are the hot ticket.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:57 PM
TECH Addict

either the Koni's, or save another $100 or so and get some re-valved bilsteins from Sam that match the G2 spring rates so as the shocks last longer and you get the full potential out of them...regular HDs don't have the correct valving for anything else besides stock springs. G2s would handle horribly and feel crappy on regular HDs

btw how's it going? i'm still not up and running..i got too busy to finish, 90% there though
Old 09-05-2007, 07:14 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
either the Koni's, or save another $100 or so and get some re-valved bilsteins from Sam that match the G2 spring rates so as the shocks last longer and you get the full potential out of them...regular HDs don't have the correct valving for anything else besides stock springs. G2s would handle horribly and feel crappy on regular HDs

btw how's it going? i'm still not up and running..i got too busy to finish, 90% there though
Hey, how are things going?? never heard back from ya. was curious how things went with it.

Well i would love to get some revalves from Sam but i cannot find a price on his website. So i guess i should go with revalved HDs over sways??
Old 09-05-2007, 02:23 PM
TECH Addict

i recently had other issues with the SS pop up, so i'm gonna take it to a tuner and have him tell me whats wrong..and prolly pay his shop to finish everything up (very reputable so i'm not worried).

ehh....its all a matter of personal preference..some will say go with the bars, others will say save a little and get the shocks. or if anything, get the shocks for the time being, learn your new setup..and send em off later to get revavled..depending on where you get the shocks from you may have some left over to get the front bar (new or used)..may..

but if its HDs now or stock shock now and bigger bars, i think i'd go with the HDs

but maybe someone with more experience can chime in