Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

PA Racing k-member w/a-arms,anyone using them?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 09:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default PA Racing k-member w/a-arms,anyone using them?

Im installing my new engine and turbo kit this week along with the pa frt end kit. It includes their k-member with upper and lower a-arms. Has anyone used these . Any weird problems i should be prepaired for.

Thanks
Alex
Old 09-05-2007, 11:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bumpppppp
Old 09-05-2007, 05:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea bolts get the bolt kit depending what it includes. If you don't read the stuff below.

Going to need a metric shorter bolts and washers for the first 4 holes that connect into the frame. The stock member has like 5 inch bolts. Get like a 2 or 3 inch bolt.

Get bolts, washers, lock washers and nuts for the Motor perches.. Going to need 8 total of each. If you keep your stock perches just remove the 4 stock K bolts and leave the perches hang. Then line up the perches to the PA K member. If you do remove your mounts or perches don't tighten the perch bolts on the K until you get the bolt through the perch and motor mount.

Make sure you have both Castle nuts for the ball joints on the A-arms guy I got mine from I only had one and they won't take the stock ones. The stock upper and lower bolts and nuts will work for attaching them to the K member.

Going to need bolts/nuts for the shocks as well. We had to use a washer underneath the shock as well otherwise it would bottom out on the mount. See pics below.

Rack takes the stock bolts.

Motor perches. Get the light ones... I thought mine came with perches and it didn't and I had to reuse the stockers.. and there heavy ***...

Greese Zirks. Get them.... Can't remember the size off hand but its 45 by something..

PA sells a bolt kit I am not sure what is in it but I would find out will save you lots of trips to the bolt store.

How to adjust the a arms so there close. I have NO clue I will find out what kinda job we did when I get it aligned. Probably will cost bit $$$ to get it right. Make sure your steering wheel is half *** straight when you put the rack back up.

Another thing the install is a pain in the ***. Good Luck..

Here is some pics I posted on a local site.

PA k vs, Stock. and yes I work on cars in my sandals.

Coil overs, still working on ride height.

Fastkeen doing the dirty...

Almost done

Kinda done didn't take pics after this cause I wanted to get it on the road.

Lucky these things are strong and light otherwise I would have taken the dang thing off and threw it in the garbage and got a UMI like I prob should of done in the first place. Now it if it does break I will be one mad ****.

Good Luck

Last edited by speedo; 09-05-2007 at 05:42 PM.

Quick Reply: PA Racing k-member w/a-arms,anyone using them?