Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What rotor/brake combo??

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 02:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What rotor/brake combo??

I thought about getting the Bear or Powerslot rotors with the hawk hps pads?? What would you recommend??

Daily driver supercharged ws6

Thanks!!
Old 06-02-2008, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just put on Brembo blanks and hawk HPS pads! they work great!
Old 06-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Teching In

Ya I noticed Brembo Blanks were pretty popular. I saw a post about the cost of Brembo's keeps rising and wondered if they are still the best bang for the buck..I don't want to fork over tons of money but like to do things right..Middle of the road..damn these cars are expensive!! Have to upgrade to the scde 8-rib for the procharger and either my throw out bearing or pressure plate is going out..fun fun!!
Old 06-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Staging Lane

i have the SSBC short stop kit and i love it

stops very nicely
Old 06-02-2008, 04:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cubfanws6
I thought about getting the Bear or Powerslot rotors with the hawk hps pads?? What would you recommend??

Daily driver supercharged ws6

Thanks!!
What year is your car? I have a '96, with the "old style" brakes. They aren't exactly the greatest,and probably could benefit from a little more of an upgrade. Nonetheless, I'm still on OE Bendix replacement rotors, but I switched to Porterfield Racing's "street compound" HP pads. I really liked the way they improved the braking power.

With respect to rotors though, I was using "SP Performance" slotted rotors on my wife's Lincoln LS. I was very happy with their price and performance until a corrosion problem with the caliper slider pins caused the pads to chew up the rotors. Not having owned a Ford product before this car, I was unfamiliar with these pins until it was too late, so it was probably my fault, but the rotors worked well up to that point.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:40 PM
TECH Regular

i just put brembo blanks and hawk hps pads on my car, great pedal feel, no fade, and no warping! (yet) if you are looking for something more durable and better performing than stock this is a been a good combo for me.

Quick Reply: What rotor/brake combo??