Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Changing up the suspension

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 09:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Changing up the suspension

Right now, with the KYB's and the Vogtland Springs the car has pretty much become unbearable to me to drive. The horrible ride is tearing the car apart. It seems I may have a problem with the back bottoming out over bumps. The whole ride is harsh, I've tried all the settings on the shocks and no luck. I don't know which way to go first to improve the ride quality. I was thinking of switching to the Strano Springs... but was unsure as to what would help me more first, springs or shocks, and where to look.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:43 AM
TECH Junkie

What are the springrates of the non-strano Vogtlands anyway?
Old 06-12-2008, 12:02 PM
10 Second Club

Im not sure what the rates are, but Sam told me that his version is slightly stiffer in the front and not as stiff in the rear. Also that they don't lower as much, which is fine, the car sits far to low as is. Most of my problems are the rearend bouncing, bottoming out.. Its tearing it up.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:45 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

I think you easy answer is to see what just changing shock settings nets you. If you get changes, but not near big enough with the shocks then we know the springs would help. Your major complaint is the rear, and that's my major complaint with your springs and why mine are not as low or as stiff as the normal Vogtland springs.

Don't get me wrong, the shocks aren't anything great, and Koni's would help a lot. But shocks can't "fix" springs that aren't what we need.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 06-12-2008, 02:52 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks Sam. Always a big help. I know the shocks aren't anything amazing, but they came on the car when I bought it. Ill be sending in an order on some springs and your brake kit either tomorrow or Monday. I've played with the settings some, not sure I have tried the softest in the back yet, but regardless the car sits way to low, I have maybe 3-4 inches from the lowest part of the exhaust.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:22 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

As much as I don't think the shocks are helping, I suspect the springs are your bigger issue.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!