Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano come on in.........

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 04:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Strano come on in.........

PLEASE DONT BASH A WORD HE SAYS AS I AM ASKING FOR HIS ADVICE!!!!

My previous car was a 1998 SS camaro, it has the same miles as my bird. My bird seems to bounce around to much for my liking and its really aggrivating me. I have 275 in the front with 315 out back. (future reference)

I want to lower it some and tighten the ride. I notice your springs say 1 inch, will that be more or less for my car since its not on the WS6/SS suspension, or what is the diff?

Will it rub?

Second thing is that I know I should change the shocks to (70k miles). I really cant afford nice shocks I am just not in the position for it, but its really bugging me bouncing around. As far as just for the DD scene (NO autoX or Strip) will the KYB still be superior to factory?

I just want this car to look and run good, I dont want the best of everything I just want what is good for me.

I know I could call you and talk about this but its a holiday weekend and I know you have to be busy enough as it is.

BTW is doing the relocation of the LCA and the panhard bar worth it for me?
Old 07-05-2008, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

call him.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:27 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Happy to help, but it's a little hard online..... I answer some things and more questions pop up. Just takes a long time to get you educated and there always seem to be nagging questions....

My springs we call 1.2" lowering. On most cars (assuming stock height) that have LS1's in them the front is about 1" lower, and 1.25" on the rear. That's from a production height car's starting point, not a lowered car (be it factory SLP stuff or anything else).

All you need are the springs, shocks and adjustable PHB. You don't need to relocate you PHB mount. In fact those move it the wrong way.... And LCA brackets are not necessary in most cases, but we might add them down the road. My car in fact does not have them and is lowered.

I'm happy to answer your questions. Feel free to call me @ 814-849-3450. PLEASE leave a message if I can't get to the phone. I will respond as quickly as I can, but bear in mind that I talk to all my customers and that takes time, and I'm but one person. It might take me a bit to get back to you.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 07-07-2008, 03:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am I allowed to help?

You don't need the relocation brackets. Lowering the car causes the LCA angles to change which can lead to poor launch traction and wheel hop. The relo brackets will change the angle of the arms to improve that, but depending on the angle can cause turning instability at higher turning speeds. I guess it depends on what you what's more worth it to you and if it's worth the money.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:42 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you want it to quit bouncing then shocks should
come first. Fat tires at underpressure may not be
helping either, might air them up to 35PSI just to
get an idea of how much of the squirreliness is due
to that element (basically a squirmy air spring at
the bottom of it all). I know on my tires there is a
big difference between 30PSI and 32PSI, even. The
fat 315s probably don't "need" as much pressure to
float the car but may want more to stiffen up the
sidewall (but then wear out the center).