Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni 4/3 installed!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 07:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Koni 4/3 installed!

Just got back to Charlotte after a 2 hour drive form my parents house where installed my new Koni shocks on (on BMR springs I already had). I was going to do the fronts myself but I was alos having my texas speed dumps fabbed out the back and the price was right so I let the shop install the fronts.

My dad and I did the backs which took longer than it should have. For some reason the drivers side deCarbon was MISSING the flat part above the nuts... We finally managed to get enough pressure on the shock to keep the shaft from turning so I could get the nut off.

Currently I have the fronts set at 4 sweeps from full soft and the backs are on full soft. For some reason I did not get any kind of adjustment *** for the rears ( I believe I should have I will contact Sam Strano to find out for sure).

The combination of having the duals run out the back and the better suspension has turned it into a different car. I was somewhat worried by the account of people saying the ride was harsh.. but having driven the lowered car on stock shocks for the past year it feels like a BMW in comparison. I am currently loving my car again and it is 100 times more enjoyable to drive over long distances. Most of my bad squeaks and rattles are gone and the car feels planted on the road..

Thanks Sam for the fast service.. I recommend this mod to anyone looking for a better feeling daily driver (ESPECIALLY lowered). I had previously ridden in my friends ws6 that was lowered on a Pro - Kit and cheap shocks and there really is no comparison.. He eventually sold the car because it road so bad.

Sorry for the long post.. just trying to help out those trying to decide if these shocks are for them.

Cliffs:
Konis are well worth the money.
Comfortable planted ride that is easily adjustable.
Sam Strano ships FAST.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:46 PM
TECH Resident

4/3's don't have adjustable rears with a ****. only the 4/4's
Old 10-06-2008, 02:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

The 4/3s are adjusted off the car by pressing the button on the top of the shock body and rotating the top when the black cover is lowered. You'll see a button if you drop the black cover to the bottom of the shock.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:41 AM
Launching!

Thanks for the input on the rears. That is what I originally thought but I got confused when I looked at the amazing instrucitons sent by Koni which show a **** of some sort.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ya, well Sam sells the 4/3 kit in a 4th gen box from Koni as far as I can tell, so the directions in the box are going to be for the 4/4 kit.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ClemsonT/A
Thanks for the input on the rears. That is what I originally thought but I got confused when I looked at the amazing instrucitons sent by Koni which show a **** of some sort.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:58 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Koni directions are pretty generic. They enclose directions for more than the shocks in the box.

4/3's have no tools. You supply your own for the fronts, and the 3's in the rear need no tool. 4 rears have a **** included. As always my customers are to call me for installation details and settings. I'm not sure why they all don't, it's part of the service.

I'm glad you find them worth the money
I'm glad you like the ride/feel/handling so far
I'm glad you are happy with my service.

If you need help on something, call me.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 10-06-2008, 09:20 PM
On The Tree

Cool

Does anyone have pics of how u adjust the front shocks on my 96 WS6? They are Koni 4/4 front and back, but I can't seem to figure out how to adjust my front shocks while they are on the car. The upper mount seems to be in the way.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:24 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

They must be oriented correctly to be on the car adjustable. The upper mount is not in the way, the spring is in front/over top of the the adjuster and that's what makes it a little time consuming if indeed the shocks were put on and oriented the correct direction.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 10-07-2008, 03:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ladybird
Does anyone have pics of how u adjust the front shocks on my 96 WS6? They are Koni 4/4 front and back, but I can't seem to figure out how to adjust my front shocks while they are on the car. The upper mount seems to be in the way.
You need a 2.5mm allen wrench and you rotate the adjuster. Right below the large washer.

Quick Reply: Koni 4/3 installed!