Work out nuts...info needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Work out nuts...info needed

Alright, well I'm trying to gain weight for the fact that I'm tired of being the tall, skinny, lanky ****(I'm 5'11" @ 155lbs) that always seems to become the target to punks out at the clubs n ****, I would love to get back up to what I was when I was in High School and playing football, which was 175, now I eat like 6 to 7 times a day and gain like 2lbs a week but loose it all towards the end of the week, yes I am one of those guys that has a high metabolism that works faster than their food intake..Now I'm not a lazy peroson at all, my job is in bulk delivery for a distributing company so I'm constantly moving, lifting kegs and nothing under 30lbs all day , and I'm also doing some jiu-Jitsu for the cardio....any tips of info on how to gain the weight I want and KEEP it???? other than just sitting on the coutch and stuffing my face 24/7...???
Old 02-09-2009, 06:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could look into some suppliments. I used to take a protein mix called Cytogainer. I mixed it with 2% milk and drank it before and after a workout. It has alot of calories and protein with all the necessary minerals and vitamins. Of course working out alot will put on some weight. I take a low calorie high protein suppliment now because I am wanting to put on lean muscle mass. Of course I am 6'4" and 262lbs. I would like to be around 240lbs.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
You could look into some suppliments. I used to take a protein mix called Cytogainer. I mixed it with 2% milk and drank it before and after a workout. It has alot of calories and protein with all the necessary minerals and vitamins. Of course working out alot will put on some weight. I take a low calorie high protein suppliment now because I am wanting to put on lean muscle mass. Of course I am 6'4" and 262lbs. I would like to be around 240lbs.

Have thought about going that route before, when I was in school and playing ball I would drink a Sobe power 3 times a day for the Createin(sp?) that they used to put in it..would try that agian but they don't make it like that anymore
Old 02-09-2009, 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea take lots of protein, If you read the back label of the protein jar itll tell you what you need to know whether your trying to gain weight or just using it after a workout. I only take 1 protein drink a day after a workout, not trying to put on weight, trying to build muscle.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:49 PM
On The Tree

forget about supplements, train heavy deadlifts, heavy squats, military press and bench and some isolation exercises at the end of each workout.

try to eat a couple of bananas with a shake right after workout, and about an hour later eat a healthy meal.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

eat more, stop doing cardio, get a desk job
Old 02-09-2009, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

NO MAN...be proud of your metabolism lol
i was in the same boat...i started drinking hard body gainer shakes and working out like crazy...got the results...but now (a few years later) im liking my "build" but bustin my *** to keep the weight off.
i WISH i had a body that could do what your does right now lol
take advantage of your "Brad Pitt" metabolism and just get real cut. build a little muscle and stay lean.
If your set on building muscle weight however, use a hardbody gainer supp. and eart eat eat and work out and work out some more...iv said this a million times...when you DONT get results right away...HANG IN THERE...it may take a few weeks or months even to see some good results. just dont get discouraged and keep on keepin on

thats just my experience. im in no way a "expert"...but i know what worked for my body
Old 02-09-2009, 07:22 PM
TECH Addict

When i first read the title I thought you meant something like how do you work out your nuts....
Old 02-09-2009, 07:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
When i first read the title I thought you meant something like how do you work out your nuts....
lol...I'm pretty sure my g/f has that one covered for me
Old 02-09-2009, 07:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
that is freaking hilarious...
stop doing cardio!!! that is whats keeping your metabolism high.
get into lifting weights and no running or swimming.
do this **** naturaly if you want to keep what you work hard for.
yeah youll see results with the powders and the pills or drinks or bars but as soon as you get off them your gonna get fat and is going to be twice as hard to get your body how you want it without the artificial crap.
do less reps with more weight start slow, know your limits and exceed them.
good luck and the most important thing is to like your self the way you are.
self esteem helps you more than actual results, if you like yourself you are only improving your self not fixing what you dont like.
get mirrors lots of mirrors when youre working out it helps a lot.
and a work out partner helps just as much, compete with someone similar and both of you will motivate each other.
right when you wanna quit there he is screaming at you come on bitch you can lift that! lol
Old 02-09-2009, 07:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GreatWhiteZ28
Have thought about going that route before, when I was in school and playing ball I would drink a Sobe power 3 times a day for the Createin(sp?) that they used to put in it..would try that agian but they don't make it like that anymore
Creatine is good, but the shakes now have lots of protein. On average you need 40-50 grams of protein a day to promote the building of mean muscle mass. I was taking muscle milk for a while and have switched to a whey protein now. Muscle milk had 30g of protein in one scoop but with 510 calories. The protein I am on now has 40g of protein with only 210 calories. Like stated lots of working out will do it, but a good balance of suppliments will help out. Just working out without suppliments and a good diet works for some people, but alot of people will get more benefits from suppliments. I look at it like taking vitamins. It gives you what you dont have. I have been working out hard since August and have went up almost 30lbs on my bench max with a 4 day a week workout and a protein shake after my workout. I am not an expert either, but know what works for me and have lots of experience in the past working out. Josh
Old 02-09-2009, 08:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
On average you need 40-50 grams of protein a day to promote the building of mean muscle mass.

uh....no.

try 1.0-1.5 times your body weight (200lb person should take in 200-250g daily) to build quickly.

you dont need supplements yet. you just need to eat as high of protein and caloric healthy foods as you can during the day.

if you have the ABILITY to eat 6-7 times a day then thats a LUXURY alot of guys dont have and is going to be a huge factor in helping you gain weight....

you need to eat:
Lean ground beef
2%+ milk
few whole eggs and tons of egg whites
fiberous green vegetables (spinach, green beans, ect)
complex carbs (NO white starches) like sweet potatoes, wheat bread, ect
tuna
grilled fish
lean chicken breast
protein shakes (2-3 daily)
olive oil
NATURAL peanut butter
1+ gallons of water DAILY

i would be trying to take in 4000 calories daily if i were you. if you eat 4-7 times a day with the foods listed above, not junk food. and lift, and DONT gain weight, then go to a doctor because you are a medical mystery.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:16 PM
On The Tree

**** all supplements! Do as I do! 1hr to 2 hr work out but never less then 30 min if ur in a hurry do arms n chest one day then legs and back the next, the abs kinda come in between.... shadow box in front of a mirror for 30 minutes up till well whenever u wana stop but get u atleast some wrist weights with atleast 5 pound's each in them then shadow box!!!! Trust me u will knock fools out that are twice ur size have done it and still do it when I gots to go that route!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2009, 08:22 PM
On The Tree

hey fyi I had lots of problems gaining wieght always was 5'11 175 now well of course 5'11 215-220 98% muscle lol.... no but realy I'm not big at all but at the end of the day is all gravy.... eat a nice medium rare steak one or twice a week never medium cuzz you wana get that protien but still eat a damn good meal while at it.... also pasta really does miracle's also man everyone in here will say differ but this has worked for me for many many years!
Old 02-09-2009, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

oh hey never stop the cardio cuzz u will need it when u have a fighter that just won't give up man win or loose cardio will give you that stam - and energy to keep going!! as for me basketball is the best cardio I've ever done and well fun as hell
Old 02-09-2009, 09:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by XtremeBBQ
uh....no.

try 1.0-1.5 times your body weight (200lb person should take in 200-250g daily) to build quickly.

you dont need supplements yet. you just need to eat as high of protein and caloric healthy foods as you can during the day.

if you have the ABILITY to eat 6-7 times a day then thats a LUXURY alot of guys dont have and is going to be a huge factor in helping you gain weight....

you need to eat:
Lean ground beef
2%+ milk
few whole eggs and tons of egg whites
fiberous green vegetables (spinach, green beans, ect)
complex carbs (NO white starches) like sweet potatoes, wheat bread, ect
tuna
grilled fish
lean chicken breast
protein shakes (2-3 daily)
olive oil
NATURAL peanut butter
1+ gallons of water DAILY

i would be trying to take in 4000 calories daily if i were you. if you eat 4-7 times a day with the foods listed above, not junk food. and lift, and DONT gain weight, then go to a doctor because you are a medical mystery.
What protein you dont use turns to fat!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2009, 09:21 PM
12 Second Club

your eating too many small meals if your eating 6-7 meals a day. Your speeding up your metabolism by doing that. You need to east 3 large meals instead to slow it back down. You need to eat at least 1g of protein for your body weight. If your ideal weight is 175 I would aim for maybe 100g from shakes and you should make up the rest with your 3 meals no prob. That covers you diet, next hit the weight hard. Go heavy 8-12 reps per set is ideal for strength and muscle growth. Dont skip legs its your largest testosterone booster. Dead lifts, squats and bench for you big gains. good luck
Old 02-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Banned

check out a book or download it, its called "Scrawny to Brauny". its sounds gay but my old boss read it and followed the guides in it and he is 40 years old and went from a bean stock to fairly built guy pretty quickly. the book is very informative for anyone.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Curveball TECH

ask alex Rodriguez
Old 02-09-2009, 09:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just get married and you will gain the weight.. lol...