Austin Meet - 183 & Lakeline Mall Blvd.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 09:47 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Austin Meet - 183 & Lakeline Mall Blvd.

They're always on Saturdays...j/w if anyone from this site ever go out there?
Old 07-24-2010, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pretty close to me, i'd go
Old 07-24-2010, 11:37 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Isn't Lakeline Mall = 620? Where Pluckers, Best Buy, etc.. is? If so when I'm in Austin at Boost Logic that is next to the hotel I stay at basically.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just introducing myself to the Austin area. Just moved out here about 2 weeks ago. I might be able to head out that way sometime.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

there is a meet on 183 and 1431 behind the carl's jr.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:09 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The one on lakeline (golds) is a bunch of rice.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:20 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by westtexasbuff
That's the one i got dragged to super fail
Old 07-24-2010, 07:17 PM
TECH Resident

this.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
Isn't Lakeline Mall = 620? Where Pluckers, Best Buy, etc.. is? If so when I'm in Austin at Boost Logic that is next to the hotel I stay at basically.
183 and 620 intersect at lakeline mall.

Did Boost logic move? Thought they used to be out in Buda.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:09 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

The meet that the OP is referring to is across 183 from the Lakeline Mall, basically in large strip mall parking lot. Bunch of stores there, but Gold's Gym is one of the more prominent ones... so we refer to it as the "Gold's Gym meet".

We (faststreetcars) were there last night and the meet was packed. Yes, there is a large contingent of ricers, but we park on the opposite end of the lot when we go (we have another location for just our crew when we get tired of their antics). Last night was off the hook as we had two guest groups of cars. One from SA (mostly the Lethal crew) and one from Killeen (mostly Corvettes). Very large turnout and a good number of seriously fast cars.

The difference in the meet when we go versus when we do our own thing is significant. Because when we go, it means there is a large contingent of clean domestics and some tastefully built (and quick) imports. If we don't go, you will have the random nice car surrounded by a pack of ricers, some behaving like ricers tend to do.

We have been going the last few weeks to hang out on our side of the lot and do our own thing. We also look across to the other side and get some laughs at the fools that drive around the lot with their Lambo doors open "hey, look at me! I have Lambo doors on a slow *** car!" and their other silly behavior. Some of them are kids and don't know any better or can't afford more than their mom's hand me down Civic that they threw a fart can and some Autozone accessories on.

Anyway, when we get tired of the ricer kids and their circus (which is often), we go to our other spot and take care of business.

Boost Logic moved a couple years ago to Anderson Mill/FM 620. To my knowledge they were NEVER in Buda. When I first moved to Austin they were on Hancock not far from Mopac. CJ is no longer at Boost Logic. He has his own shop now.

There is also an "early meet" in Cedar Park that is large and has a lot of nice cars with very little rice. It runs from 7:30-10:00 at the intersection of 183A (tollroad) and FM 1431.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was at golds last night.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:24 PM
Teching In

I just got a 1999 Camaro SS. I live at 183 and Mopac. Every Saturday, you say? Sounds fun. I'll come check it out.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:57 PM
Teching In

Bunch of rice? but i see alot of the afb crew there
Old 07-26-2010, 08:07 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by redz_02
183 and 620 intersect at lakeline mall.

Did Boost logic move? Thought they used to be out in Buda.
ART is in Buda. I think Boost Logic was always in/near SW's shop IIRC.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TWS
The meet that the OP is referring to is across 183 from the Lakeline Mall, basically in large strip mall parking lot. Bunch of stores there, but Gold's Gym is one of the more prominent ones... so we refer to it as the "Gold's Gym meet".

We (faststreetcars) were there last night and the meet was packed. Yes, there is a large contingent of ricers, but we park on the opposite end of the lot when we go (we have another location for just our crew when we get tired of their antics). Last night was off the hook as we had two guest groups of cars. One from SA (mostly the Lethal crew) and one from Killeen (mostly Corvettes). Very large turnout and a good number of seriously fast cars.

The difference in the meet when we go versus when we do our own thing is significant. Because when we go, it means there is a large contingent of clean domestics and some tastefully built (and quick) imports. If we don't go, you will have the random nice car surrounded by a pack of ricers, some behaving like ricers tend to do.

We have been going the last few weeks to hang out on our side of the lot and do our own thing. We also look across to the other side and get some laughs at the fools that drive around the lot with their Lambo doors open "hey, look at me! I have Lambo doors on a slow *** car!" and their other silly behavior. Some of them are kids and don't know any better or can't afford more than their mom's hand me down Civic that they threw a fart can and some Autozone accessories on.

Anyway, when we get tired of the ricer kids and their circus (which is often), we go to our other spot and take care of business.

Boost Logic moved a couple years ago to Anderson Mill/FM 620. To my knowledge they were NEVER in Buda. When I first moved to Austin they were on Hancock not far from Mopac. CJ is no longer at Boost Logic. He has his own shop now.

There is also an "early meet" in Cedar Park that is large and has a lot of nice cars with very little rice. It runs from 7:30-10:00 at the intersection of 183A (tollroad) and FM 1431.
it was pretty segregated. I rode with some of my import friends so I was on the other side of the parking lot, but I did see some LS1s, etc. pull in. I thought you may have been there, Todd...but I didn't wanna walk alllll the way across the parking lot and look like a douche canoe if you weren't over there. lol
Old 07-26-2010, 05:31 PM
9 Second Club

I cant wait to go back and cruise around with my hood,trunk and all my doors open Ill also open my glove box
Old 07-26-2010, 06:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
I cant wait to go back and cruise around with my hood,trunk and all my doors open Ill also open my glove box
Do you still have the EB Z06?

I can't wait to make another trip to ATX.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:11 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by obseSSed
I thought you may have been there, Todd...but I didn't wanna walk alllll the way across the parking lot and look like a douche canoe if you weren't over there. lol
haha. I was probably over there. Next time you can fake a stroll across the lot, moving slowly, checking out or acting like you are checking out cars, and make your way over to our section casually.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
You would do some ole gay *** **** like that!
Old 07-27-2010, 09:22 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ELDIABLO
Do you still have the EB Z06?

I can't wait to make another trip to ATX.
Yea. Just getting everything ready for the new setup. Im close to working on it.

Originally Posted by Texas Heat
You would do some ole gay *** **** like that!
I wouldnt do that but all the ricers where sporting it.