Appearance, what would you suggest?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 04:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Appearance, what would you suggest?

Been tossing around some ideas for some appearance mods for the camaro. Just wanted to get some opinions on what yall would suggest.

i was thinking manta stripe or the filler decal inbetween the scoop. also wanting to paint the the TTIIs black with the polished lip. Lastly, I'm torn between a billet grille or an SLP grille.

Thanks for the insight guys!
Old 08-05-2010, 05:41 PM
^^^^x1 Registered User

That's a sick camaro. Like those light. Looks great man.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:10 PM
Launching!

thanks man I appreciate it!
Old 08-05-2010, 06:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

here's my car, might give you some ideas.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Launching!

thanks for those pics, I'm liking that filler decal more and more (and it seems a lot easier to put on than the full manta stripe)

I like the billet grille as well, I was thinking of putting those retro z28 emblems on it with the cursive camaro on the side but those things are so expensive!
Old 08-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Banned

good looking camaro's! I think they all look great as-is!
Old 08-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Launching!

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I would do the Manta (no filler) SLP Grille with the Black on the wheels & your Beger Panel it will look Sahweet! Just my .02 Sir
Old 08-05-2010, 07:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would look into a slp bow-tie grill. other then that i wouldnt change much of anything. you can look at pics of my car to see the grill. pics are in sig.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Slp grill!

Last edited by red281gt; 08-05-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:31 PM
Staging Lane

Looks good as is, nice and clean. thats how we roll up here in wisconsin clean and not flashy
Old 08-05-2010, 09:31 PM
TECH Addict

change the tt2 bubble center caps to the flat billet style caps. i think it makes a difference on those wheels.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by wrb07sti
good looking camaro's! I think they all look great as-is!
Thanks man! I think her appearance is coming along nicely and all the pics of others' camaros look freaking sweet!

Originally Posted by Big Chuk
I would do the Manta (no filler) SLP Grille with the Black on the wheels & your Beger Panel it will look Sahweet! Just my .02 Sir
Thanks, I think i've decided on the slp grille, still not sold on the manta though. looking at getting the filler since i've seen it less than the manta combo

Originally Posted by twitchtwice
i would look into a slp bow-tie grill. other then that i wouldnt change much of anything. you can look at pics of my car to see the grill. pics are in sig.
Thanks man, I appreciate the comment and i checked your pics, nice looking ride!

Originally Posted by red281gt
Slp grill!
very nice, that pretty much sold me!

Originally Posted by DirtyHO'SS
Looks good as is, nice and clean. thats how we roll up here in wisconsin clean and not flashy
Thanks man, I'm not trying to be too flashy but I think she can use some more appearance mods

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
change the tt2 bubble center caps to the flat billet style caps. i think it makes a difference on those wheels.
nah, never been a fan of the flat center caps..i like the the rims as is, just want to pain the spokes black. thanks though!
Old 08-05-2010, 10:20 PM
TECH Addict

mmm....not hating on the slp grille...but it's $250 for the same thing that every other camaro owner has. do something different. i'de say do the black powder coated billet grille with the old school z/28 emblem offset. then paint the bumper black behind the grille like i did. **** would look sick with those rims. also you would have a whole retro theme through out the car. think about it, TT's, berger panel, old school emblem...just my .02
Old 08-05-2010, 10:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
mmm....not hating on the slp grille...but it's $250 for the same thing that every other camaro owner has. do something different. i'de say do the black powder coated billet grille with the old school z/28 emblem offset. then paint the bumper black behind the grille like i did. **** would look sick with those rims. also you would have a whole retro theme through out the car. think about it, TT's, berger panel, old school emblem...just my .02
yea, you have a good point. I'm thinking it'll all come out to the same cost because those retro emblems are pretty pricey and aren't the billets like 100 bucks or so? and then painting behind the grille..it'll all be around the same I'm assuming. I do like the retro emblem idea more so than just the bowtie
Old 08-05-2010, 10:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

keep your car the way it is!! i love the less is more look on these cars. nothing looks better than a clean sleek 4th gen. only mods i would do is adding a SLP Bowtie grill..other than that, leave it.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Big Chuk
This.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:51 PM
Launching!

how hard is it to install the manta stripe? i'm weary of doing it
Old 08-05-2010, 11:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Im not big on the billet grills because they look really bad when they start to chip, unless you dont drive your car much and I would put turn donts straight off the catback so you dont see the tail pipes. Blacked out centers on the wheels would look awesome, and I would remove the badges just my opinion. Car is clean!!
Old 08-05-2010, 11:52 PM
Staging Lane

try just removing the black platic license plate cover and cleaning up behind it. i thought my car looked plaetty good when i did that to install my billet grill. it almost made me not install the grill
Old 08-06-2010, 12:15 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Silver35thZ
yea, you have a good point. I'm thinking it'll all come out to the same cost because those retro emblems are pretty pricey and aren't the billets like 100 bucks or so? and then painting behind the grille..it'll all be around the same I'm assuming. I do like the retro emblem idea more so than just the bowtie
talk to mark at 6LE he'll tell you everything you need to know. all i will say is that my grille job was cheaper than a slp. especially because i painted behind the grill myself.

pics of painting in here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...ew-grille.html

Originally Posted by Silver35thZ
how hard is it to install the manta stripe? i'm weary of doing it
i installed my filler and even that wasn't exactly easy, so i can only imagine how much of a PITA a manta would be. and i'm not the kind of person to pay someone to lay vinyl on my car.

Originally Posted by SLV_WS6
Im not big on the billet grills because they look really bad when they start to chip, unless you dont drive your car much and I would put turn donts straight off the catback so you dont see the tail pipes. Blacked out centers on the wheels would look awesome, and I would remove the badges just my opinion. Car is clean!!
that's why mine is powder coated. and it's still cheaper than an slp. just saying.