Experinced Dallas party animals in here

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Experinced Dallas party animals in here

So I'll be there this weekend and I'm trying to find some spots that are cool. My ex was telling me about Greenville area, I'm trying to find a place that has alot of bars around eachother. Thanks
Old 10-06-2010, 02:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer
So I'll be there this weekend and I'm trying to find some spots that are cool. My ex was telling me about Greenville area, I'm trying to find a place that has alot of bars around eachother. Thanks
If your lookin for a line of bars greenville is def the spot, theres a few areas spread throughout dfw that are pretty decent.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yup, Greenville is a good place. If you like live bands and a bunch of bars, head out to deep ellum right in the middle of downtown.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:42 PM
On The Tree

deep ellum
Old 10-06-2010, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't want dress code to be a major concern. Dint get me wrong we aren't gonna be wearing tees and shorts I just don't wanna be super dressed up, me and my group range from 22-27 in a age. Also how would I map lower Greenville? And how does this compare to west village?
Old 10-06-2010, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer
I don't want dress code to be a major concern. Dint get me wrong we aren't gonna be wearing tees and shorts I just don't wanna be super dressed up, me and my group range from 22-27 in a age. Also how would I map lower Greenville? And how does this compare to west village?
There are a bunch of bars down Greenville Ave. I don't think you need to worry about any kind of dress codes down there. But again, you would probably like Deep Ellum a lot more.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

greenville for the definite smu scene. lol a lot of cops i dont like going there anymore. i usually stay around the uptown area. for the most part you can be very casual. the loon (known for not serving doubles because every drink is a 65% liqour lol), cretias is pretty cool. corner bar. if you want you can pm me ill be getting tables thursday through saturday at a bunch of different places. you can also try a pretty nice place in victory park called the havanna club. a buddy of mine owns it really nice cigar and rum bar and no dress code. again party scene with a lot of hot chicks are going to be mostly clubs not extremely dressed up just no shorts and no tennis shoes. let me know. btw im miles
Old 10-06-2010, 07:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what is your 'scene'? i work in west village, so i know of the places in that area pretty well. greenville ave has a lot of stuff, but it varies in style quite a bit. stan's blue note is a fav of mine, they have a lot of beers on tap. greenville has the bars in a few separate clusters that are not really walking distance from eachother.

in uptown/west village, i like frankies (sports bar), the quarter (more of a chill place), gingerman (beer bar), the loon (good place to pregame cuz they make stuff nasty strong), the idle rich (irish/british style pub). lots of places up and down mckinney ave between downtown and uptown.

deep ellum is mostly hiphop clubs now. adair's saloon has live country bands and super cheap beer... other than that, i never go to deep ellum anymore.

then on henderson you have a place called Barcadia, that has some old school 80's arcade games and skeeball and a big selection of beers... and you can get fried oreos and fried PB&J's (amongst other things)

downtown dallas is not my scene... more of the 'i wanna be paris hilton' or 'jersey shore' kinda people. skanks and d-bags galore.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:48 PM
Banned

alot of just bar hoppin i would suggest most of the other post above

but if you want an upscale scene

http://www.candleroomdallas.com/

it's pretty cool, if you need help getting on the guest list let me know

Old 10-06-2010, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

slayer taunu---looks like west village may be my spot, im a 6th street, bar hopping kind of guy, like to bounce and not stay in the same spot all night. casual, button up and chucks something like that. i just wanna be fucked up on my 24th bday lol
Old 10-07-2010, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

I heard the Oak Lawn Ave. bars are pretty good, you might like it better there.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dirty 30
I heard the Oak Lawn Ave. bars are pretty good, you might like it better there.

Old 10-07-2010, 04:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

hahahahaha ^^^^. damn dirty30 if you would have sent him there and he actually went i think you would make jackass of the year lol.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mjcotroneo
hahahahaha ^^^^. damn dirty30 if you would have sent him there and he actually went i think you would make jackass of the year lol.
I'm just saying.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

check out xtc cabaret dallas it is the best club of its kind.....make sure to go on a weekend get there before 11 or you'll be standing its 2 stores and there will be a line out the door all night.....oh get the hot wings they are better than hooters and bww......unless thats not your thing