Douchebag sellers!!!! Wtf?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 11:49 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Douchebag sellers!!!! Wtf?

This might be long. Man I have had NO luck buying parts for this Mustang/LSx swap. First off started with a simple F-body oil pan/pickup from some asshat from Dothan, Alabama. Was doing a Tempest Craigslist search and found em.....said make offer. Called the dude and said $75 shipped, SURE! Suppose to ship next day. NOPE, he said they wouldnt ship because it was oily. He took it to work and cleaned it up and said he would ship next day and get me tracking number. Keep in mind he has been very quick to answer txts with pics and whatever. So next day goes by and nothing, txt him, nothing. Now its a week later and NOTHING. Douche bag #1.

#2, I believe he is a member on here with a 240/LSx swap in the Chicago area. Also found found on Tempest Craigslist search a F-body LS1 alternator bracket with new(er) alternator for $55 shipped. SURE! Once again all nice to repond with pics and good conversation. This all started last week and then the Holidays came and he said it was his birthday on the 25th and he would ship out on the 28th and provide me with a tracking number. I left it alone till Tuesday morning and txt him after I didnt get shipping confirmation, and guess what.....NO REPLY and havent got one as of yet.

#3, oh yeah there is a #3 for some BIG money. Pretty much told me to **** off (at least he still answers the phone!) LOL, Paypal claim was started this morning and will wait to see if he keeps to his word tonight when he gets off work. If not I will post up all his info too.

I just dont get people!! If you say your gonna do something ****** do it. Sorry, just had to rant a little.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:06 PM
Launching!

thats why if its not local where i can go see it and pick it up i dont **** with it.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:11 PM
Staging Lane

Man Ive always had pretty good luck until this past week. Ive bought stuff from all over the place and always got it. I got scammed by a guy out in California on a Walbro 255 fuel pump one time but thats it that I can remember. And it was a money order so I really had no recourse on that. At least with paypal you got something to back you up. So as of now THREE, yes three disputes on Paypal.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:14 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by strokerblackhawk
thats why if its not local where i can go see it and pick it up i dont **** with it.
This can not be stated enough. Craigslist is scammer heaven.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tripps
This can not be stated enough. Craigslist is scammer heaven.
+2

I tend to stick to eBay and Ls1Tech Forum.

They use trader ratings, which are there for a reason.
I never buy from 0 rated sellers.

If the price is too good to be true, it probably is a scam!
Old 11-30-2011, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Always avoid money orders or western union.

Avoid non-local craigslists, always try to buy in person.

Try to buy from members with higher post counts and longer join dates, especially on expensive items.
Check their trader history too, see if they've been a seller before.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

****! there are more dumbass broke dick buyers than anything. Internet sucks to buy and sell.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I had a nightmare earlier this year with some Koni's I sold late last year. Don't really feel like going into other than to say the buyer, who gave the wrong address for the refund, claimed he never got the shocks, and got people local to me to come by my house, dig though my trash, make threats, etc. So I ended up giving a refund, and never got the parts back.

I haven't sold anything mail order since.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:54 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Ebay has gotten the same way, people post one shitty picture and you get the item and it looks like it's been packaged by a pack of wolves after it was left in a field for the last decade. I never got how some one could take some ones money and then just not care, knowingly scam them. People like that are pieces of ****.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by strokerblackhawk
X3

I only buy local and from people who I know or know them. Over the past few months I've spent hundreds of $$$'s on buying parts from here. I've been lucky that when I did run into a problem it was handled like adults, not children.

As a side note, hit up Robbie (STS95T/A) he has a plethora of LSX parts.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:02 PM
Staging Lane

Well if I lived in the DFW area or a "bigger" town I would buy more face to face. Just not that many parts for sale in East Texas. I used to try and find several things in the DFW area and make a day out of it but most of the times that doesnt always work. #3 douche just sent my refund......I honestly think he just made a mistake. I think he bought the heads as new (maybe to flip a profit, dont know, dont care) and didnt check them out good. Then sold them to me and I caught the "porting" work on ONE head only and some bowl blending in ONE bowl. The rest of the **** weasels wont answer the phone or emails. Luckily it was only $155 bucks total on those parts so not a huge loss.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

jegs has the oil pan kits for $145 new . mine showed up today!!!
Old 11-30-2011, 08:55 PM
Staging Lane

That kit uses the Hummer pan and its still to deep for the Mustang swap. Really need an F-body pan
Old 11-30-2011, 08:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That's the lh8/ hot rod pan. same pan as newer trucks iirc.
At first I thought it was a version of a fbody pan.

I've had shitty transactions. It's just hard sometimes buying and selling USED parts on the net and forums. I have a ton of parts, but they will sit on my shelves before I list em on CL. Get so much bs wasting my time. I list all my stuff here locally before the national classifieds and before eBay.
Rather let some board members get first pick on the parts.
Don't believe in scamming anybody, I wouldn't let that **** ride, never have.
And I assume there's other ***** that think like me, and I don't want to be watching my back or looking out and **** for those people
Old 11-30-2011, 09:43 PM
Staging Lane

Im starting to think like that. Ive had so many parts on C-list and they call and lowball the hell out of you or wana trade you for a donkey or some ****. Plus after I sell something a year later I end up needing it for something else.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tex1978
parts on C-list and they call and lowball the hell out of you or wana trade you for a donkey or some ridiculous ****.
fixed it...
+1 so true
Old 11-30-2011, 11:10 PM
TECH Resident

i order alot of thing over craigslist ebay. ect i only use paypal thou for security. but i bought my 24x conversion for 400 without the ecu and harness off craigslist. i ordered one of my a1000 pump and filters off craigslist for 250 and he shipped them but on the tracking number wont find them after they accepted it. found out it leak abounch of gas and ups had to repackage it and i got it a month after. but i think i just got lucky after reading every bodys replys
Old 11-30-2011, 11:55 PM
Staging Lane

I guess I've been lucky with craigslist, knock on wood.

I'm in the middle of a Fox swap, too, and certain **** IS hard to find for a decent price, if at all.

I ordered a MSD 6010 for 300 from a guy in Tampa and it was as described (brand new, still in packing foam). I realize it can be had new for a little more, but I had the money and wanted it asap. Similar story with a Holley Blue pump and regulator. Paid $90 shipped and it was here the next day, brand new, still had the plugs in it.

The only issue I had was with my cam. Guy had a RapTR for $300 new and included pushrods. I sent the money via greendot and he ducked my phone calls for a few days. I got my **** in the end, as described, but lack of communication had me worried for a bit.

Maybe I'm a lowballer here, but I texted a guy about a water pump a few days ago. He wanted $100 for it and I offered $100 shipped. It had been listed back in mid-October. I replied and said it wouldnt be much to ship, surely not even 15 bucks to send it 4 hours away. No reply back lol. Me, I'd say sure, obvious it isnt selling after a month. Its too high priced or nobody needs it. Guess he'll sit on it forever.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:07 PM
Staging Lane

Well supposedly douchebag #2 has shipped the alternator bracket and alterantor but still havent seen a tracking number yet. Still NOTHING from douchbag #1.....just have to let paypal run its course. I ordered another set of heads from a guy and he shipped promptly and gave me tracking numbers. Got them today (supposedly 463 miles on them) one head looks accordingly and the other one is all dull and scratched up. I mean it doesnt matter performance wise but **** when you pay money for NEWish heads I want to goddamn ******* newish heads!!! Call me picky but I work hard for my money and Im honest with people, wish they had the same courtesy.