Cowboys FTMFW

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by -Ross-
I am noticing that too. Kind of a picky/whiney thing to bring up, but it is happening. He was literally tackled to the ground from behind by an o-lineman twice yesterday right in front of the ref. No flag. It was almost comical.
Nothing whiney about it, he destroys people, he plays his position better than anyone in the game. Imagine if they called every holding call against him instead of all the new pass interference and defensive holding and other BS calls they seem to find every other play? I guess when one person can make any offense look terrible, gotta handicap him somehow. I'm not saying this is why we lost, but it has a big impact on the outcome of any game.

Last edited by whatsa347; 10-06-2014 at 12:49 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by whatsa347
Nothing whiney about it, he destroys people, he plays his position better than anyone in the game. Imagine if they called every holding call against him instead of all the new pass interference and defensive holding and other BS calls they seem to find every other play? I guess when one person can make any offense look terrible, gotta handicap him somehow. I'm not saying this is why we lost, but it has a big impact on the outcome of any game.
I absolutely agree with you. I was just calling it "whiney", because I am sure that is how others might view it. I am definitely whining about it, because it is BS.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Does it really matter "how" the game was won...? All of your points are valid... In the end, it's what's on the scoreboard when that final second ticks off the clock that really matters... 1 team is 4-1 the other is 3-2.... A lot of season left.... I doubt the Cowgirls will fare as well against Seattle....JMO...
Old 10-06-2014, 03:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 01Z0H6
Does it really matter "how" the game was won...? All of your points are valid... In the end, it's what's on the scoreboard when that final second ticks off the clock that really matters... 1 team is 4-1 the other is 3-2.... A lot of season left.... I doubt the Cowgirls will fare as well against Seattle....JMO...
Better team won yesterday. No doubt. I wasn't making excuses. I was just agreeing with the guy that o-linemen are getting away with a lot of holds on JJ Watt. Yesterday was not the first case. It's all part of the game. Go Texans!
Old 10-06-2014, 03:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Romo is good at getting out of a jam in the pocket, but can someone...anyone remind me what that guy has done outside of winning meaningless games?

Romo threw up a couple of prayers yesterday and his receivers came down with the catch. If you want to put the win on someone's shoulders, put it on Bryant's. That guy's a huge douche, but that was a badass catch.

I'd be concerned if I was a Cowboys fan. You guys barely squeaked out a win at home against Ryan Fitzpatrick. If the Texans had a good QB, they would have lit you up.

Y'all have played 1 solid team this year and you came out with an L. Don't go popping the tops off of any champagne bottles just yet.

True Ross.. Romo only has 1 playoff game.. but so does matt ryan? Andy dalton has 0 playoffs and these guys are considered elite QBs.

Romo took over in 06 and look at the crappy QB he had to learn from. Since 06 Romo has never had a reliable or legit run game. Julius jones was the last 1000 yard rusher. Not making excuses but the guy has been trying to win with no run game, defense, or Oline. Plus bad play calling. If you look at all the bone headed late game interceptions, they abandoned the run and went all pass, or romo had to scramble and make a play out of nothing.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
True Ross.. Romo only has 1 playoff game.. but so does matt ryan? Andy dalton has 0 playoffs and these guys are considered elite QBs.

Romo took over in 06 and look at the crappy QB he had to learn from. Since 06 Romo has never had a reliable or legit run game. Julius jones was the last 1000 yard rusher. Not making excuses but the guy has been trying to win with no run game, defense, or Oline. Plus bad play calling. If you look at all the bone headed late game interceptions, they abandoned the run and went all pass, or romo had to scramble and make a play out of nothing.
He has a solid o-line this year and a top-rusher, so maybe this is his year to shine. I'd take him over Fitzpatrick any damn day of the week.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Fitz is living proof you could have elite receivers and running backs who can pretty much catch anything if you throw it kind of by them, and still suck. Case and point the garbage passes he constantly throws at Hopkins. Congrats to the Cowboys, hope at least one Texas team does something in football this year.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Neither will do anything significant.
It will be a miracle if any one belly bounces into the playoffs.

I see luck picking em apart the secondary. Which is not in common.
And Fitz will b just be there. Not really do anything. Just in the way occupying the qb spot.
Colts are gonna be the division leaders again.
I like the Texans. But watt n the others can only do so much. other ppl gotta step up.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

For the record.... I am NOT a Romo fan at all.... Some of my die hard Cowgirl fans give me **** about it.... Jerry should have went with his gut and brought Johnny football over.... Hell, he couldn't do any worse....

Better team won yesterday. No doubt. I wasn't making excuses. I was just agreeing with the guy that o-linemen are getting away with a lot of holds on JJ Watt. Yesterday was not the first case. It's all part of the game. Go Texans!
Old 10-07-2014, 05:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 01Z0H6
For the record.... I am NOT a Romo fan at all.... Some of my die hard Cowgirl fans give me **** about it.... Jerry should have went with his gut and brought Johnny football over.... Hell, he couldn't do any worse....
I almost thought they were going to get manziel. But in the end it was a smart move to solidify that line. Even if we got manziel he wouldnt be starting anytime soon.

Now with a solid line, they can go and get a QB in the draft in the future that can protect him.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Cowboys played a great game goin up to seattle.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:52 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They ar definitely playing damn good football right now, not gonna hang up my Texans hat anytime soon but I can give credit where it's due... Nobody expected them to beat Seattle at home, that's for sure. It was irritating as all hell though havin em all climb out from whatever rocks and gutters they been hiding under/in after last weekend. Pretty sure I saw more cowboys gear at the plant I work at last week than the entire 2 months I've been here. At least I see the same people representing the Texans week in and week out, win or lose...
Old 10-13-2014, 09:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Cowboys played well, and somehow Romo isn't dead.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:17 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Hope they can keep going. I'm always a cowboys fan no matter what.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 78novacaine
They ar definitely playing damn good football right now, not gonna hang up my Texans hat anytime soon but I can give credit where it's due... Nobody expected them to beat Seattle at home, that's for sure. It was irritating as all hell though havin em all climb out from whatever rocks and gutters they been hiding under/in after last weekend. Pretty sure I saw more cowboys gear at the plant I work at last week than the entire 2 months I've been here. At least I see the same people representing the Texans week in and week out, win or lose...

I think you might be confused or something.

Cowboy fans have been fans for years and years and years.

There sure as hell isn't a lot of bandwagon cowboy fans.

The guys with cowboy stickers on there cars trucks or boxes have probably been there for a long time.

The texans fans on the other hand. Are about the most bandwagon riding mothers that have ever existed.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was wearing my oilers starter parka when Dallas was good at winning superbowls in the 90s. Never been a fan.lol.
True tho. The bandwagon dallas fans came out of the woodwork after Sundays game.
I like the Texans. But my team is and has always been the oilers. But they are gone now so. wgaf.
I ain't gonna lie I wanted Seattle to win. And was expecting Russelln lynch to pput on a clinic. But dfw came to play. Can't take that from em.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:54 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by blackonblacksls
I think you might be confused or something.

Cowboy fans have been fans for years and years and years.

There sure as hell isn't a lot of bandwagon cowboy fans.

The guys with cowboy stickers on there cars trucks or boxes have probably been there for a long time.

The texans fans on the other hand. Are about the most bandwagon riding mothers that have ever existed.
Nope, not confused about a damn thing. I'm talking about brand new hats, mugs, lanyards, shirsts, bandannas, etc, the kinda **** the bandwagoners can pick up when their team starts doing well and leave at home when they look like crap... And being a fan for years doesn't count for **** in my book if the only time you talk about em or wear their gear is when they are doing well, then crawl back in a hole come December when they fall apart again, if not sooner...
Old 10-20-2014, 05:40 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Still FTMFW.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Old 10-21-2014, 01:19 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Lol, I'm sure they are.

Best record in the league? Hope they keep the steam rolling.

Quick Reply: Cowboys FTMFW