Redline Raceway shut down

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Redline Raceway shut down

According to their website, redline raceway has closed for good. Anybody in the DFW area have any insight to what happened?
Old 11-11-2014, 02:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well that cant be good.....

http://www.heraldbanner.com/article_....html?mode=jqm

I lived in Greenville and never went there, attendance didnt look THAT great either. With that area expanding Im sure the land was worth a pretty penny.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:43 PM
Staging Lane

I heard a few weeks ago that they were turning it in to a flea market, didnt believe it until now.... unreal!
Old 11-14-2014, 11:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Support your local race tracks folks or they will become a thing of the past and soon.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:01 AM
Launching!

land grab.
Old 11-16-2014, 03:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 01WS6/tamu
Support your local race tracks folks or they will become a thing of the past and soon.
Very true. Ask the people around Crandall too if this isn't correct. Very sad to see another one go.

We don't race at Redline but I did when I lived in that area. It wasn't the nicest facility around but the people were nice, the track was well prepped, and it seemed like a safe place to run. Sorry to see it close.

Scott
Old 11-16-2014, 03:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 88 Likes on 66 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Tar Heel
Very true. Ask the people around Crandall too if this isn't correct. Very sad to see another one go.

We don't race at Redline but I did when I lived in that area. It wasn't the nicest facility around but the people were nice, the track was well prepped, and it seemed like a safe place to run. Sorry to see it close.

Scott
Dallas Raceway was poorly managed and that is what caused them to fail. Quite simply put, it was boring to race there. No announcer, no music, no advertising, and no flash. I went to the bullitt/mach 1 shootout and they had us racing in between bracket racing. Took over an hour to get one run in. I get that the bracket racing takes priority, but they shouldn't have scheduled a car meet at the same time.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:29 PM
74u
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 01WS6/tamu
THIS!

So disappointing to see Crandall go away (nicest dragstrip/racing surface around), so if you want to run 1/4 mile your stuck with "Anus" and their whopping 3 test nights a year...(don't forget your roll cage if you have anything more than a K&N filter under the hood

Now Redline which wasn't necessarily the nicest, but it hooked good and pulled a big crowd everytime I was there. Fun track and 10 minutes from home

Sucks for those who live East/NE of Dallas. There is nothing remotely close now.
Old 12-07-2014, 01:40 PM
TECH Junkie

If I'm not mistaken the same guy closed redline that closed Crandall, heard he is going through a divorce and closed it to drop property value. His wife wants to buy his half and make a flea market out of it, he wants to buy her half (cheap) and reopen it, and we all know how that goes, look for a flea market there in the future.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:21 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JC316
Dallas Raceway was poorly managed and that is what caused them to fail. Quite simply put, it was boring to race there. No announcer, no music, no advertising, and no flash. I went to the bullitt/mach 1 shootout and they had us racing in between bracket racing. Took over an hour to get one run in. I get that the bracket racing takes priority, but they shouldn't have scheduled a car meet at the same time.
I agree, every time there was an event going on
Old 12-10-2014, 11:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

It may or may not have been poorly managed; I can't speak to that even though I raced there several times. It seemed to me to run as smoothly as any place else I've raced. Maybe I just race at crappy places. As far as an announcer, music, etc. I don't care about any of that. I liked all of the concrete in the pit area, the clean restrooms and the track was well prepped, fast and 1/4 mile. Those are the reasons we went. However, they had low car counts so whether it was mismanaged or simply the economy is keeping folks from coming out the point is mute. One of the nicest tracks I dare say in the state is now the nicest truck wrecking yard you'll ever see. Sad.

Scott
Old 12-11-2014, 01:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Tar Heel
It may or may not have been poorly managed; I can't speak to that even though I raced there several times. It seemed to me to run as smoothly as any place else I've raced. Maybe I just race at crappy places. As far as an announcer, music, etc. I don't care about any of that. I liked all of the concrete in the pit area, the clean restrooms and the track was well prepped, fast and 1/4 mile. Those are the reasons we went. However, they had low car counts so whether it was mismanaged or simply the economy is keeping folks from coming out the point is mute. One of the nicest tracks I dare say in the state is now the nicest truck wrecking yard you'll ever see. Sad.

Scott
I live 7 miles from Dallas Raceway, my business is right behind them. I never saw any advertising of any kind. There are four auto parts stores in Kaufman, you would think that they would approach them and give out fliers. Nothing. Two local papers, nothing in there about it. No television spots, and a website that was crap.

The place was great for the racers, but it SUCKED for spectators. Every time I was out there, the pits were full and the stands were empty. The announcers, music, food, etc, that's all for the spectators. Kaufman county has very little in the way of entertainment, so it would have been easy to get people out there.

Scurry has maybe 700 people living in it, but we did a 4th of july bash this year. Live band, local food vendors, craft dealers, fireworks show, etc, and we had a massive turnout.

Ennis has car shows, fun ford weekends, music, and an announcer.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

I live 7 miles from Dallas Raceway, my business is right behind them. I never saw any advertising of any kind. There are four auto parts stores in Kaufman, you would think that they would approach them and give out fliers. Nothing. Two local papers, nothing in there about it. No television spots, and a website that was crap.

The place was great for the racers, but it SUCKED for spectators. Every time I was out there, the pits were full and the stands were empty. The announcers, music, food, etc, that's all for the spectators. Kaufman county has very little in the way of entertainment, so it would have been easy to get people out there.

Scurry has maybe 700 people living in it, but we did a 4th of july bash this year. Live band, local food vendors, craft dealers, fireworks show, etc, and we had a massive turnout.

Ennis has car shows, fun ford weekends, music, and an announcer.
Very good and valid points. I don't go to the track very often without the car so my "spectator" vantage point is often times hard to remember but you're absolutely correct. Stands were always empty when we raced. Again, a shame that is closed. Was a very nice facility to race. Much better than Ennis which is where we are forced to go now to run 1/4.

Scott
Old 12-28-2014, 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

My father's cousin is the one who bought the track in Crandall for his business. I believe the guy who he beat out on the bid bought/or was buying Redline. Don't quote me.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Is this the track that people referred to as Cedar Creek back in the 90s ?

Is the Yellow Belly track still open?
Old 12-30-2014, 12:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

YB is still open.
Old 01-01-2015, 02:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by SERIALPIMP
Is this the track that people referred to as Cedar Creek back in the 90s ?

Is the Yellow Belly track still open?
No, Cedar Creek is out in Seven Points and still open.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:10 AM
Staging Lane

bumping this older thread, Saw on their facebook looks like they will be reopening in 3 - 4 weeks.

Last edited by igtabg1; 04-10-2015 at 10:11 AM. Reason: spelling> me
Old 04-10-2015, 03:00 PM
Teching In

Damn I sure hope so
Old 04-10-2015, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by igtabg1
bumping this older thread, Saw on their facebook looks like they will be reopening in 3 - 4 weeks.
I saw that too, just today actually. They are supposed to be re-doing the road to the pits from the gate, and some of the track.

Quick Reply: Redline Raceway shut down