9 Second C6 Z06-All Motor at RPR **Video**

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 12:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 9 Second C6 Z06-All Motor at RPR **Video**

I am at the track weekly and every once in a while I see a car that impresses me. Well this car is a new level of overkill. C6 Z06 with factory ls7 short block. No nitrous/boost. Car has heads/cam/intake and RPM auto. With a 1.2 60 foot and a 9 second pass... WOW. Check it out:

Old 02-09-2015, 01:15 AM
On The Tree

Car is quick. Not my cup of tea, but very impressive being setup to do only one thing.

Last edited by winters97gt; 02-09-2015 at 01:32 AM.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:44 AM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Even more impressive is that he's not on bigass slicks.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I'd like a few little details if possible? like which tranny and H/C/I hes using and round about cam specs(I know most don't want to give up their secrets lol) that's cool though.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Omega Doom
I'd like a few little details if possible? like which tranny and H/C/I hes using and round about cam specs(I know most don't want to give up their secrets lol) that's cool though.
What you got planned???? Lol
Old 02-09-2015, 10:09 PM
12 Second Club

I've been surprised at the 60' times those cars can get
Old 02-09-2015, 10:39 PM
TECH Addict

Consistent as FU(K
Old 02-10-2015, 10:36 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Omega Doom
The set-up is simply:

Callaway CAI
Fast 102 with NW 102tb
WCCH stage 2 heads
BTR stage 3 cam
ARH headers
Stock Mufflers and CATS
No milling of heads (stock compression)

Pump gas motor, pretty much an average boilerplate build as far as the world of Z06 cars go.... would probably make around 560 rwhp with a manual, but is down at 530ish through an Auto.

Auto is 4l65E stage 3 from RPM Transmissions with Yank converter. Have upgraded half shafts and on Weld RTS wheels with a Hoosier 315-17 drag radial. Raceweight is 3340 lbs as per Texas Motorplex scales. Has an RSD rollcage in it.

If its not mentioned, its stock.

Thanks
Old 02-11-2015, 02:47 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by movealong
The set-up is simply:

Callaway CAI
Fast 102 with NW 102tb
WCCH stage 2 heads
BTR stage 3 cam
ARH headers
Stock Mufflers and CATS
No milling of heads (stock compression)

Pump gas motor, pretty much an average boilerplate build as far as the world of Z06 cars go.... would probably make around 560 rwhp with a manual, but is down at 530ish through an Auto.

Auto is 4l65E stage 3 from RPM Transmissions with Yank converter. Have upgraded half shafts and on Weld RTS wheels with a Hoosier 315-17 drag radial. Raceweight is 3340 lbs as per Texas Motorplex scales. Has an RSD rollcage in it.

If its not mentioned, its stock.

Thanks
Horsepower numbers seem a little low for a H/C/I ls7... Is that 530 with the converter unlocked on a mustang dyno?
Old 02-11-2015, 06:25 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by slowlsx
Horsepower numbers seem a little low for a H/C/I ls7... Is that 530 with the converter unlocked on a mustang dyno?
These numbers are about average for Z06's with a mid-range cam and stock compression. No Meth Injection or E85 either. Vast majority dyno through a manual in that 540-580 rwhp area dependent on variables..... of course there are a handful that have pushed it up above 600 rwhp as well.

This was an A-typical dynojet.... converter was locked, albeit, its just a single disk, so probably shouldn't have been. Would be another 20-30 rwhp if I still had the manual in it.

Thanks.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Car is quick. Not my cup of tea, but very impressive being setup to do only one thing.
Whut???

He drove it from Dallas to Houston for work. And decided to stop off at the track and run some passes.

Turn the hate down a notch. this is a pretty bad little work car, on stock suspension and 17in wheels and drag radials.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scj
Even more impressive is that he's not on bigass slicks.
The real impressive part is its a NA car.

Too many guys just slap a blower and and throw a ton of power at it.
chipping away at et with a Na car is something not everyone can do.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blackonblacksls
Whut???

He drove it from Dallas to Houston for work. And decided to stop off at the track and run some passes.

Turn the hate down a notch. this is a pretty bad little work car, on stock suspension and 17in wheels and drag radials.
Yep, I was there, called his ET before his 9.89(called a 9.90) to my friends and girl before the pass. Called a 9.85 the next time. You are so butt hurt over me it's unreal. The owner has a great setup for a 1/4 setup. There is nothing to take away from him. His car rolled out very hard, in person and ran a great ET. It's not my cup of tea since I like a Z06 to cruise, run around MSR and the street with no changes. Public forum, my preference.

I'll say it again, do you have a hard on for me? You love to quote me, but you and Insoector12 seem to have a close relationship. Jeff has always been friendly to me, gone out of his way on 2 car parts. But I have never seen you or him post timeslips. I can't imagine where I'd be if I didn't take 3 years off fishing every single weekend with my boats out of South Padre Island a long with a divorce.

Again, the car posted is sick. I've watched it and appreciate it. I personally wouldn't do it on that car.

If you have an issue with me personally, come to our private track rental on March 1st. I look forward to meeting you.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:27 AM
9 Second Club

Here is a link to the owners thread on CF

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...r-110-cam.html
Old 02-12-2015, 10:06 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, I was there, called his ET before his 9.89(called a 9.90) to my friends and girl before the pass. Called a 9.85 the next time. You are so butt hurt over me it's unreal. The owner has a great setup for a 1/4 setup. There is nothing to take away from him. His car rolled out very hard, in person and ran a great ET. It's not my cup of tea since I like a Z06 to cruise, run around MSR and the street with no changes. Public forum, my preference.

I'll say it again, do you have a hard on for me? You love to quote me, but you and Insoector12 seem to have a close relationship. Jeff has always been friendly to me, gone out of his way on 2 car parts. But I have never seen you or him post timeslips. I can't imagine where I'd be if I didn't take 3 years off fishing every single weekend with my boats out of South Padre Island a long with a divorce.

Again, the car posted is sick. I've watched it and appreciate it. I personally wouldn't do it on that car.

If you have an issue with me personally, come to our private track rental on March 1st. I look forward to meeting you.
Mark I don't know him other than seeing his posts on CF etc... So not sure how him and I have a close relationship, maybe him and I have commented in some of the threads I don't know or really pay too much attention to who's posting what etc... Mark I run 10.0000's at 154 ish 1.89 60' trying to not break anything.

On the car yeah its pretty dang fast for what it is. I can say with the comment about throwing a blower or turbo's on a car that doing that auto conversion isn't cheap either, so its all about where you want to spend your money. And what your going to do with the car.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Who are you?? I was just quoting someone who came across as a hater and said turn the hate down a notch???

The car is a cruiser on stock suspension.. He could do msr in it with different tires I would think??

Everyone else would need the same because you aren't running 9s without at least drag radials.

Quick Reply: 9 Second C6 Z06-All Motor at RPR **Video**