Ineos chocolate bayou

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 01:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ineos chocolate bayou

Any of you guys work there as operators? Just got the call to come in for onsite interview. They ask me what size FRC I need and to bring steel toed boots. Never been to in interview like this one so any help is appreciated!! Thanks
Old 05-26-2015, 02:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I worked down there summer/winter 2007, in C4s on the Olefins side. Not sure if they have Polypropylene lines there still. When I did my interview, they weren't onsite. It was two panel interviews, back to back. Made up of mostly operators, some engineers. Prove that you can work safe and follow procedure.

I liked most of the people. The plant was ok. Pretty much the same situation everywhere you'll go. Units are old, and run to failure. They called it Caveman Chemical when I was there. Good thing about it was the process was continuous. But I heard C3s was where you wanted to be.

The site is tighter than dick's hat band, money-wise. Someone stole my tools, while on my off days. Took them a couple sets and a few forms to get me new ones.

Congrats on the interview. My advice is to not put all your eggs in one basket. Good luck.
Old 05-26-2015, 03:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by zero2sixT
I worked down there summer/winter 2007, in C4s on the Olefins side. Not sure if they have Polypropylene lines there still. When I did my interview, they weren't onsite. It was two panel interviews, back to back. Made up of mostly operators, some engineers. Prove that you can work safe and follow procedure.

I liked most of the people. The plant was ok. Pretty much the same situation everywhere you'll go. Units are old, and run to failure. They called it Caveman Chemical when I was there. Good thing about it was the process was continuous. But I heard C3s was where you wanted to be.

The site is tighter than dick's hat band, money-wise. Someone stole my tools, while on my off days. Took them a couple sets and a few forms to get me new ones.

Congrats on the interview. My advice is to not put all your eggs in one basket. Good luck.
Ok thank u bud. Yeah just graduated so interviewing at multiple places this month.
What company are u at now?
Old 05-26-2015, 09:41 PM
Teching In

We've lost half the other operators at my plant to ineos chocolate bayou. Hope you're prepared to give up any free time you have. The overtime is insane. They call us all the time bragging about doing nothing but then tell us they're on their 23rd day in a row. Good luck though... And dont forget, safety safety safety!
Old 05-27-2015, 09:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tbui1226
Ok thank u bud. Yeah just graduated so interviewing at multiple places this month.
What company are u at now?
Im at Exxon Chem plant in Baytown. Not sure where you live, or how far you're willing to commute. But, Chevron Cedar Bayou and Enterprise are both expanding/hiring. Both good places to work, good benefits, but no pension.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:21 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by zero2sixT
Im at Exxon Chem plant in Baytown. Not sure where you live, or how far you're willing to commute. But, Chevron Cedar Bayou and Enterprise are both expanding/hiring. Both good places to work, good benefits, but no pension.
Icic. Yeah I live near hobby. Ill be moving closer to wherever the job will be.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:16 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Usually if they ask you to bring that type of stuff they are gong to have you climb a ladder, roll up some hoses, open and close valves etc... To see how you do it (Safe ETC) and how well you follow instructions. GL!
Old 05-27-2015, 11:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Inspector12
Usually if they ask you to bring that type of stuff they are gong to have you climb a ladder, roll up some hoses, open and close valves etc... To see how you do it (Safe ETC) and how well you follow instructions. GL!
Alrighty thanks!!
Old 05-30-2015, 11:15 AM
Staging Lane

I used to work with a guy that at one time worked for Ineos. He said the bonuses there are INSANE!! Like in the 10k+ range. Id love to get bonuses like that.
Old 05-30-2015, 11:17 AM
Staging Lane

And if you need any help with interviewing tips, feel free to shoot me a PM. I have helped several people land jobs in plants with no experience.
Old 05-31-2015, 02:58 PM
TECH Addict

I worked there 16 yrs Left and work somewhere else now. I worked in plastics and my brother in Olefins. Good place to work, not bad! Money isn`t bad but u can make the same else where. As for making easy money, not true. They are very strict with rules and tight with money like most places. Bonus are good but can be bad. I`ve gotten good bonuses there and raises and been there when we got neither for a couple years. It`s funny how no one talks about the bad one`s lol. Get you foot in the door and you can go anywhere after 5yrs experience. I still have lots of friends there, Good Luck!
Old 05-31-2015, 04:42 PM
Teching In

Thanks for all the advice. It went ok. Coulda gone better. Interviewing at lyondell HRO tomo!

Quick Reply: Ineos chocolate bayou