LOOKOUT: 70 Chevelle Parts Stolen from Storage!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 04:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LOOKOUT: 70 Chevelle Parts Stolen from Storage!!!

Found out today that all the Interior parts for my 1970 Chevelle build plus rear back glass and front & rear bumpers were stolen from my fathers storage unit in Burleson Texas today Stolen From Burleson Self Storage
285 Exchange St
!!! Unique things are Seats are for bench seat with Black vinyl on the sides and Black Velour vertical pleating cloth in the middle with black piping. Made by "Automotive Interiors".

All black front & back door panels, black carpet with rubber sound deadner from rock automotive (still in package), deluxe package tray with speaker hole vents. Headliner kit, Rear window interior moldings, Used rear back window, Cowl Induction air cleaner with rubber gasket. Brand new set of SummitRacing brand wheels

4.5 backspacing on all 4, still in boxes.
Brand new front & rear bumpers still in boxes, brand new taillight lenses and park light lenses still in white boxes

If anybody hears or sees anything like this for sale, lemme know. Not sure if Burleson police would give two ***** since last time I had something stolen (brand new 2001 GSXR 750 ) and gave them a address of where it might be located I never got a call back after 3 weeks of calling before the person moved out. Had confirmation it was my bike due to its unique tail paint scheme from a local that lived near the house.

Last edited by Ravenous T\A; 05-26-2015 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Gonna post this on Chevelle.com when I get a police report tomorrow. Thinking this kind of stuff might be sold to a shop in one lump sum. No hide nor hair on craiglist or ebay yet. Last time my father dropped something off there was 3 weeks ago. This took me months to gather up. No way I can repurchase all of this now
Old 05-26-2015, 06:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Rat bastards that's the death of a project for us working folks there or a really long delay at the outside. My brothers scouring for parts for his 67 currently so I;ll have him keep a eye out.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Sucks to hear Darren, I'll keep an eye open
Old 05-26-2015, 08:31 PM
TECH Junkie

The seat covers is gonna be the main giveaway.
Old 05-27-2015, 04:52 PM
8 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Did they hit just your storage unit?
Old 05-28-2015, 09:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Yep, just left the old bumpers. They cut the lock.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:17 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ravenous T\A
Yep, just left the old bumpers. They cut the lock.
Obviously someone knew they were there. That should make things a little easier for you.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:22 AM
TECH Junkie

I think it got hit cause the lock my dad used for it was a cheap lock. I told him just to leave the stuff at my place but it just had to move it?!?!? My dad never discussed the storage with anybody and I know I didn't tell anyone, and he says the few times he went there to drop stuff off there was no one around.....so I think the pos just saw a easy steal.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:28 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ravenous T\A
I think it got hit cause the lock my dad used for it was a cheap lock. I told him just to leave the stuff at my place but it just had to move it?!?!? My dad never discussed the storage with anybody and I know I didn't tell anyone, and he says the few times he went there to drop stuff off there was no one around.....so I think the pos just saw a easy steal.
Doubtful.. $100 says its someone you know or someone that works there/visits frequently. Ive seen it happen X100 times. Ask the storage place to see the cameras, most all of them have a security system.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by oscs
Doubtful.. $100 says its someone you know or someone that works there/visits frequently. Ive seen it happen X100 times. Ask the storage place to see the cameras, most all of them have a security system.
We did, they only keep the Vid for 7 days, plus they only had cameras mounted on the entrance and exits....plus they have no gates. So if these POS had a van or camper cover they couldn't see anything. Last time my Dad was there was 3 weeks ago.....Im just Fubared

Quick Reply: LOOKOUT: 70 Chevelle Parts Stolen from Storage!!!