Personal injury attorney needed?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 08:32 AM
8 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Personal injury attorney needed?

Quick back story. My pregnant wife (at the time) was hit by a car walking across the street in the memorial area. It was low speed but it knocked her on her butt/side. Luckily there was just minor scrapes and a bruise or two but she was shaken up pretty badly. Obviously we went straight to the hospital to get the baby checked out and everything was fine. I did not use my insurance because i knew the driver was at fault. My PIP has paid for the bills $6K ish but my wife missed a few weeks of work and is still pretty shaken up about it (worrying about future brain damage etc.)

The child is healthy and alert so i doubt any issues will develop. With that said i have tried to keep lawyers out of this. I felt like it was pretty cut and dry.. Pay back the 6k, negotiate a pain and suffering amount and pay back lost wages etc.. It is becoming increasingly difficult to contact the rep.. 3-4 emails and phone calls with no response. I have threatened them with a lawyer and still nothing.. Honestly I'm getting fed up with the BS and considering hiring a lawyer to just deal with these people. I made it very clear from the get go that A. I'm no dummy B. I don't intended on hiring a lawyer if they where responsive/cooperative.

Thoughts?
Old 07-20-2015, 08:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do what you gotta do man, last time i was in a rear end wreck in my nissan altima put me out of work for a month, progressive was giving me the run around telling me i needed reciepts and doctors notes and proof i was out of work i just mentioned laywer and i had my settlement check in a few days
Old 07-20-2015, 08:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Do you mind sharing who the insurance company is? In my experience, Fred Lloya / Rodney D Young are a PITA to collect from. They tend to switch reps around so you can't contact the same person or call the same number.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:52 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by cheeseLS2
do what you gotta do man, last time i was in a rear end wreck in my nissan altima put me out of work for a month, progressive was giving me the run around telling me i needed reciepts and doctors notes and proof i was out of work i just mentioned laywer and i had my settlement check in a few days
I was hoping like hell that this would be the case but this guy doesn't seem to care one way or another.
Old 07-20-2015, 09:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try to refrain from hiring a lawyer. It will just draw out the process and they will end up taking 33% of what little settlement they offer you anyway. Your smart for using email, or you could try sending the company a certified letter. I'd try to communicate with someone else as the adjuster may be on vacation, or may not even work there anymore. ( I've had the latter happen).
Old 07-20-2015, 09:09 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by HISS
Try to refrain from hiring a lawyer. It will just draw out the process and they will end up taking 33% of what little settlement they offer you anyway. Your smart for using email, or you could try sending the company a certified letter. I'd try to communicate with someone else as the adjuster may be on vacation, or may not even work there anymore. ( I've had the latter happen).
His voice mail is still active so i'm assuming he still works there. The 3-4 emails are over the course of 3 months so i doubt hes been gone that long. I'm currently trying to talk to his manager to try and find out what the deal is.. Its getting old really quick.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used my pip in a accident before and showed on my record that it was a payout which ment it made my policy go up.was almost in Same situation but mine was car accident was others fault even cop witness it took me 6months to get it settled and my truck totaled.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by oscs
His voice mail is still active so i'm assuming he still works there. The 3-4 emails are over the course of 3 months so i doubt hes been gone that long. I'm currently trying to talk to his manager to try and find out what the deal is.. Its getting old really quick.
Usually the closer it gets to the end of the year the faster they will want to settle it. If your not in a hurry, you could just sit back and wait.......who knows she may have other injuries that "show up" a little later.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:22 AM

Default Personal injury attorney needed?

I have never needed a personal injury attorney. But I hope that if I did need one that i would be able to find an honest attorney. They can really be your best advocate during those difficult times. I think they are under appreciated in society today. But i think If you find yourself injured in an accident, or something similar, it's best to get yourself a Personal Injury Lawyer as soon as possible. The sooner you get a lawyer, the sooner you can start to file a claim. Remember to research your options before you choose a legal representative.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:35 AM
8 Second Club

I've received some good advice and help from a fellow member who is going to help me get a demand letter sent out and force them to make an offer. If they jerk me around i will hire an attorney. At the end of the day I'm in no rush. This could take years for all i care and i plan to make it as difficult as possible on them.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:20 PM
Teching In

As a previous adjuster for State Farm (a good company), I found that 2 things motivated adjusters to move the process along. Both are escalating the problem to another level.
1) Talk to the manager or superior above the adjuster & present the case in a fair way, just like you already have with the adjuster. Be able to document contact attempts and the lack of response by adjuster.
2) File a complaint with the TxDept of Insurance, again with thorough documentation. THAT always gets company attention!
Documentation is king. The party with the best paper trail wins!
Old 07-23-2015, 09:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^Very good advice^
Old 01-23-2016, 01:29 AM

It's been good advice for those who need the personal injury lawyer for their cases.I hope everyone gets the best lawyer and have the medical expenses for their loss or injury.
Old 01-26-2016, 11:55 AM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a family friend who is a personal injury attorney in the area. He is pretty good on all accounts. Just PM me if you want his information.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:13 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about your wife and baby, pray they continue to heal and turn out ok. Sucks about insurance, hope it's taken care of soon. I don't know jack about Lawyers, would rather not deal with the Swine at all cost if possible.

Best of luck man!

Chad

Quick Reply: Personal injury attorney needed?