UPS Sucks!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 07:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPS Sucks!!!!

Seriously, they suck. When Rita was suppost to "destroy" Houston, everything they were going to have here was sent to Dallas. My Trak Pak comes in two boxes, one showed up. BMR is sending another to HPE and they said it was taken care of. I want to thank Scooter and HPE for being patient with me and making sure the parts are sent. Thank god I get it tomorrow morning. Anyways, anyone else have this problem?
Old 10-03-2005, 07:33 PM
TECH Junkie

My biggest gripe with UPS is that I think I'm the last guy on my UPS man's route. If I get a notification that delivery is supposed to be on 10/12/05, I will get it at 6:30PM on 10/12/05. The anticipation is sometimes a killer.

-Mike
Old 10-03-2005, 07:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

When the UPS truck pulls up to the shop, they throw the boxes from the back of the truck onto the floor right infront of me. I guess thats only because he's been our UPS guy for about 2 years now, so I guess he thinks that its okay to throw boxes with a fragile sticker on it. FedEx never does that when they deliver us a package.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hah, just be thankful you haven't had to deal with FedEx ... Stainless Works shipped ZAngel's turbo manifold on Sept. 8th, and it took 2.5 weeks of fighting with them over ONE letter mistyped to get it delivered. If finally got here on SATURDAY !!!
Old 10-03-2005, 08:12 PM
TECH Addict

No kidding, FedEx sucks the big one. I've had about 3 problems with them in the past and now, I request that my stuff be sent to me via UPS or DHL even. I cringe at the thought of something being sent to me via FedEx.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

My dad got a box shipped by ups, and it ended up on our doostep 2 days later. The dumb asses sent it back to us insted of to the correct person.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

The problem with FedEx is they don't maintain control of their packages end to end. UPS and other major carriers do. FedEx hires independant contractors to do all home delivery -- packages can sit on their trucks for days if they don't feel like delivering. If there's a problem, they'll leave it sit and forget about it until someone puts a note in their mailbox. Then, they're still not very motivated to take care of the problem. I called 5 times to change an address mistake (that I found out was wrong after the tracking status showed "unable to locate address.") Tiff called twice to do the same. After STILL not seeing a delivery, I started to get on the phone every day, often 3 or 4 times per day, trying to work my way up the line. I finally got to a regional customer quality assurance dept. in Dallas, and REALLY chewed out a manager. He promised a call back. When he didn't call back, I called him, made sure I was transferred ONLY to him, and said - and I quote "so much for your ******* promises. I can see you're just as bad as the rest of them, who's the next manager up the chain?" That seems to have lit a fire under his ***, because he FINALLY gave me the number to the local distribution station in Houston (private number). I called them and chewed out a manager there. She tried blowing me off, and I told her I'd already been on the phone with the managers in Dallas, and she had who choices -- I start making more calls saying she wouldn't help me, or she physically locates the package and puts it on the truck. She promised a call back, and I told her that's fine, my next call is to Dallas to update them on the status. Amazingly enough, the DRIVER called me from his personal cell phone an hour and a half later telling me he had the package, and asking to verify the (still incorrect) address. He finally delivered late on Saturday evening, and even showed me the paperwork handed him THAT MORNING with the STILL INCORRECT address on it
Old 10-03-2005, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

I hate FedEx.....UPS is WAY better.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

never had a problem with UPS. my only problems have been with fedex and specially the post office.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

UPS just doesnt take care of the stuff only prob ive had, FedEX on the other hand said they delievered something, I never got it, they told me on the phone it was delivered, and since I have a release waiver on file tough luck, I called again and when I realized they said it was delivered at 7pm, we live in a gated neighborhood so it couldnt have been, with that info they deceided it was in their best interest to trace it. Two days later it shows up at my house. It ended up taking like 7 days for a 3 day package. I would have been out the money if it wasnt for that gate.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a commercial account with UPS and ship around 200 packages a month. As far as shipping goes, they are hands down the best in the business. I have almost zero problems except a few here and there which are normally resolved immediately!
Old 10-03-2005, 11:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

I've only had good experiences with UPS.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:23 PM
Launching!

LOL, you guys got it easy. The company I'm with uses EVERYBODY and EVERYBODY ***** **** up bad. Some have their good days and some, not so good. In one city, we actually handle fedex's business bc they dont want the overhead and would rather pay someone else. Yes the home del. guys for fedex are contractors, some are not the brightest but some take to job very seriously and have great customer service. We use whats called a large 'pallet' (looks like a HUGE cookie sheet) that gets shipped to Anchorage, AK everyday with oilfield equip for BP & Conoco and a few others you probly never heard of. But Fedex moves it right about 99% of the time and UPS is about 75-80%. Most of the freight on it has to be in Prudhoe Bay (Northern tip) the next day without fail. You have to remember, these are very very BIG companies, and you get slackers the really F up the chain. You will always remember the bad stuff over the good, simple as that. The motto in the freight business is, it takes months to gain a customer, it only takes seconds to lose one.

JP - Freight Forwarder
Old 10-03-2005, 11:41 PM
TECH Resident

suxs to hear that man. You're preaching to the choir when talking about UPS

I bought some torq thrust's off a guy in Pennyslvania a long time ago and I got two of them, but the other two "were destroyed in a train wreck" Granted I didn't purchase the erxtra insurance, but even still it was bullshit they wouldn't pay me to reimberse me for the other two that they destroyed!

UPS defintely blows!
Old 10-03-2005, 11:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

UPS is the bane of my delivery existence. i hate when that is the only carrier that a company will use. like chupr0kabra said, they never bring my **** on time, they always end up showing up at like 7:30 - 8:30 pm, and the package looks like it's been to hell & back.

FedEx here actually is my preferred shipper, i've never really had any problems with them.

DHL....can lick my nuts. those dumb bastards wouldn't deliver my package once, because someone stole the street sign on my street. the fucked up part about it is that when i asked them about it, they never even bothered to look at a damn map or anything, and the street i lived on was the only one nearby in that area, so it's not like they could have screwed it up. then, on top of that, instead of holding onto the package and calling me, they ******* sent it back to Houston immediately, so i had to wait another couple of days to get my **** while they sorted out their stupidity......
Old 10-04-2005, 12:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

None of them care about any of your packages. Its all about the person getting paid per hour. All the boxes look the same to them, and they always like to sell you insurance at certain ones.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:40 AM
On The Tree

hey i work for fedex as a handler and i do care for some boxes. i actually do try to take care of those with performance parts box esp and also medical stuff as for teh rest ummm most of the time i just try to get it all in the containers so the truck can leave on time unless its a slow day.
As for the comment on the drivers being independently contracted that is only the case for FEDX GROUND (not normal fedex express (purple and orange on truck)) there are about 5 other braches of fedex services.
UPS sucks FEDEX owns
Old 10-04-2005, 08:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

FedEx is on my "most incompetant" list. Look at this tracking number: 100347461017369

If I wouldn't have barked up every tree I possibly could, got call-back promise after promise that were NEVER kept, calling back to bitch some more, etc. ad nauseum for THREE WEEKS my package would probably still be sitting in a dark corner somewhere.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL Lets not talk now about fed ex. I have done over 100 transactions with fed ex, not one single problem. BUT these pictures below are from UPS delivery service, the guy didn't even ring the door bell he just ran back to his truck, so I yelled to him "HEY" get back up here, you are not leaving these packages without me looking at them first. MY god do they give the packages to a monkey an say Monkey please put these boxes out in the rain and then just drop them on the guy's porch and run. Boooo to ups, they blow.
Attached Thumbnails UPS Sucks!!!!-dsc00221.jpg   UPS Sucks!!!!-dsc00222.jpg   UPS Sucks!!!!-dsc00223.jpg   UPS Sucks!!!!-dsc00224.jpg  
Old 10-04-2005, 08:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

I've worked for UPS, and lets just say when you get frustrated, its not your equipment you take your frustrations out on, but the boxes you handle

That is all.