Chemical PLant Employees

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 08:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Chemical PLant Employees

Im looking for a job at chemical plants.... Need some cash to pay for next semesters school.... Basically never worked at a chemical plant,Dont mind being a helper/laborer. Anyone know who/where they are hiring???

Going to Zachery tomorrow, heard theyre having a shut down soon.... Any other places you guys know about... .Thanks
Old 05-18-2006, 08:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

where you from
Old 05-18-2006, 08:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Pasadena/Deer Park area....
Old 05-18-2006, 08:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Check with Certified. They do a ton of hiring for plants/contractors. I work at one as an operator, I think i would do something else before i was before i tried being a laborer. They do the **** jobs and don't get paid all that much.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:02 AM
TECH Junkie

I dont have any experience at all, in the chemical plant setting... I thought maybe you would need experience for any other kind of job.... Any suggestions, tips.!?! Thanks for feedback guys...
Old 05-18-2006, 09:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

JE Merit, off of sins road, their a decent contractor ...id go up there and see if they are doing anything

i just got hired on at KBR out at bayer in baytown, as doing basic maintence....$12 an hour, and im still in school......but im going to be an Process Tech to make $$$$$$$$

but there is always jobs out there, you just gotta find em!

mike
Old 05-18-2006, 09:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by had20z
JE Merit, off of sins road, their a decent contractor ...id go up there and see if they are doing anything

i just got hired on at KBR out at bayer in baytown, as doing basic maintence....$12 an hour, and im still in school......but im going to be an Process Tech to make $$$$$$$$

but there is always jobs out there, you just gotta find em!

mike

basic maintenance?!?! hmmm need prior experience for that??!

Sins Rd?? off of 225??
Old 05-18-2006, 09:10 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Go apply with Brown & Root. They have contracts with several plants and always need good help. Thats what I did in college, worked shutdowns at chemical plants to pay for school.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK #07
basic maintenance?!?! hmmm need prior experience for that??!

Sins Rd?? off of 225??

yep, off of 225

nah, most of the contractor bull **** you wont need any experience, unless you try and get into something pretty specific...
Old 05-18-2006, 09:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Go apply with Brown & Root. They have contracts with several plants and always need good help. Thats what I did in college, worked shutdowns at chemical plants to pay for school.
Sounds like what i'll be doing as well... working shutdowns and what-not to pay for college...
Old 05-18-2006, 09:23 AM
TECH Junkie

yep, off of 225

nah, most of the contractor bull **** you wont need any experience, unless you try and get into something pretty specific...
thanks bro, guess i'll be waking up early tomorrow and giving it a shot....

Anyother places guys.... THX everyone
Old 05-18-2006, 12:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

I am a process operator a BP chemicals in Texas city and we only have Zachery and JE merrit in our plant. We are now just starting up after being down almost a year, so our shutdowns are almost done.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:01 PM
TECH Junkie

guess i;ll be giving Zachery a shot tomorrow.... Anyone where i can get more info for Brown and Root... googled it, but too much crapola came out..... if any one knows off the top of there head where i can go/call, all the help is appreciated... THNKS guys.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:38 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

unless things have changed, the personnel office for B&R was downtown on Clinton Dr. They might be listed under Halliburton now, I'm not sure.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Junkie

thanks Tony... i'll do a lil search and see what i can come up with....
Old 05-18-2006, 02:19 PM
Launching!

I heard Hole watchers make ok money you just gotta stay awake
Old 05-18-2006, 03:32 PM
Launching!

Brown & Root

Zachary (thats who we use at my site)

Mundy

Certified (used to work for them few years back)

Adecco (I'm staffed through them)

Those will be a good start. Just got to remember, summer heat in double layer nomex gets freakin hot as hell for 8 hours a day. I just got done outside for 3 hours in Nomex and I couldn't stands no more.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=had20z]JE Merit, off of sins road, their a decent contractor ...id go up there and see if they are doing anything

I work out @ Bayer for Jacobs Field Services (old JE Merit) and we will be taking over the contract, as I am sure you have already heard, but alot of the KBR employees will be rolling over to our company. We should be rolling over sometime next month.

The office is off of Sens Rd...its the first exit off of 225 when you leave Baytown. They should also be hiring for ExxonMobil and LCR. Many many turnarounds going. We are going to start picking up alot of people for a demo/expansion project we have going on here @ Bayer.

Keep going to the offices and putting your name in the hat...they will see that you are eager, put yourself down as electrical, pipe, and structural/civil helper.

As far as I know, KBR jobs are becoming few and far between. They have been losing alot of contracts over the past few years. I used to be a Brown and Rooter till they lost the contract and Exxon and have pretty much been with Merit ever since.

Send me a pm and how to contact you and I will see if I can get the ball rolling for you. One of our Supervisors is now in the HR department @ Sens Rd.

Good Luck,
Joshua
Old 05-18-2006, 04:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=joshua32]

I work out @ Bayer for Jacobs Field Services (old JE Merit) and we will be taking over the contract, as I am sure you have already heard, but alot of the KBR employees will be rolling over to our company. We should be rolling over sometime next month.

The office is off of Sens Rd...its the first exit off of 225 when you leave Baytown. They should also be hiring for ExxonMobil and LCR. Many many turnarounds going. We are going to start picking up alot of people for a demo/expansion project we have going on here @ Bayer.

Keep going to the offices and putting your name in the hat...they will see that you are eager, put yourself down as electrical, pipe, and structural/civil helper.

As far as I know, KBR jobs are becoming few and far between. They have been losing alot of contracts over the past few years. I used to be a Brown and Rooter till they lost the contract and Exxon and have pretty much been with Merit ever since.

Send me a pm and how to contact you and I will see if I can get the ball rolling for you. One of our Supervisors is now in the HR department @ Sens Rd.

Good Luck,
Joshua

yea, my dad was telling me about all the **** the is "fixing to happen" out there.....ill be in the macralon <sp?> unit...

like 2 years ago, i was going to work for JE merit out there but i got into a pretty bad bike wreck and never made it out there

but i got 1 more semester to go so.....wooot

kbr is off of clinton.....
Old 05-18-2006, 05:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

who is your dad? I think most of KBR not getting the contract was that they had 10 recordables last year and 80 something first aids. One death @ BPA but was in no way their fault.

From talk around the plant is that KBR didn't even bid on the contract. It is not a bad place to work at and Jacobs isn't bad either...There are lots of oppurtunities to move up and the work out here is minor compared to other jobsites that I have been apart of.

I will quit hijacking now, sorry

Joshua

Quick Reply: Chemical PLant Employees