Ever camped at texas motor speedway?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 11:47 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Ever camped at texas motor speedway?

I purchased season tix to TMS this year. I went last year in the spring and camped about 25 miles away, no traffic no headaches in and out, but there was no race fans and it wasnt very exciting. My? is this, has anyone camped at the track or close to the track.

If so please answer these questions

How were the facilities, showers, toilets etc

How was traffic ( if on the track grounds obviously none) in and out

How were the ppl (rowdy, to rowdy, lame etc..)

If you have been multiple times where is the best campground IYO.

And finally Price.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Default camping

I did it a couple years ago with my old boss - it was more fun than the race, lots of DD - Drunk and disorderlies or Drunken Debotchery(sp?) definetly a place to Drink! - better bring some beads too just make sure you camp on high grounds otherwise waters coming at or thru your tent i didnt pay so im not sure of cost - id do it again too
Old 02-20-2008, 01:11 PM
Launching!

awesome thanks for the info, anyone else

im about to reserve a spot outside of turn three i think, unless someone can sway my thinking.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by zman1969
I did it a couple years ago with my old boss - it was more fun than the race, lots of DD - Drunk and disorderlies or Drunken Debotchery(sp?) definetly a place to Drink! - better bring some beads too just make sure you camp on high grounds otherwise waters coming at or thru your tent i didnt pay so im not sure of cost - id do it again too

Beads...lol,

I wanna catch a Nascar race, so I wanna figure out the details too.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have been the last few years. Went with a bunch of guys from work. We camped in trailers. A few guys own trailers so all we paid for was food, drinks and tickets. Can't remember what the site cost but it wasn't much. Last year I spent less than $100 on food, drinks and tickets. You can go party with the crowd (Marti-Gras style) or hang out at the campsite. Seems like most of the younger guys and first timers were in the middle of all the "rowdiness". The rest of us build a big fire and chill. The walk to the track is not bad at all. Once we get to the track property on Friday we don't leave until a few hours after the race. Traffic getting to the track is crazy. If you are not on the grounds the morning of the race you will not make it in before the race starts. We have had a few guys stay in hotels and then try to get to the track before the race starts and don't make it. The facilities are nice, actually suprised me the first year. The lines are long for the showers but it goes fast. For that many people it runs very smooth. Actually we are getting things together for the April race now. We stay in the Victory Circle lots. Last year they had a deal at Brookshires for the busch and cup race. Spend $75 and get 4 tickets, hotdog and drink for $? (can't remember what the price was but it was cheap) Its only at the Brookshires in Ft Worth though. We just buy all of the food and etc there and have no problem spending enough to get everyone a cheap ticket. Cheapest entertainment by far!!

Last edited by 99zee; 02-20-2008 at 02:17 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99zee
We stay in the Victory Circle lots. Last year they had a deal at Brookshires for the busch and cup race. Spend $75 and get 4 tickets, hotdog and drink for $? (can't remember what the price was but it was cheap) Its only at the Brookshires in Ft Worth though. We just buy all of the food and etc there and have no problem spending enough to get everyone a cheap ticket. Cheapest entertainment by far!!

Awesome i just purchased a rv size lot in the blue ox lot which is just a bit closer to the track than the victory circle lot, i bought the lot for the whole year since i have season tix kind of expensive but not considering i dont have to drive no where and the site has facilities.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds great. Have a good time, we ALWAYS do.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:25 PM
TECH Regular

The infield is definitely fun; you can walk around, hand out beads(Mardi Gras style) or sit and chill. I'm going with some buddies of mine; this makes 5 races in a row.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by redsox_ws6
Beads...lol,

I wanna catch a Nascar race, so I wanna figure out the details too.
actually forgot to add this another buddy we worked with came out fri eveening and later when his g/f got off work her and her friend came out -OH, did i mention they were strippers? sorry almost forgot that part, the one made probably 300$ in our camp alone one of the guys who flew out from Raleigh/Durham that am was already asleep when they got there, so i had her give him a personal wake up call and i got to watch- im looking for a word or words to describe this .. hm.... ah PRICELESS yes thats what I was looking for he even called a week later to thank me , wonder if he ever got all that lipstick off - it was everywhere , the next afternoon alot of people were wondering if they were coming back - dang - was one night only. so if you have any friends dating strippers - invite them and their friends

Quick Reply: Ever camped at texas motor speedway?