Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

New toys!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 07:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New toys!

Xmas came early this year. I made a trip to pick up a 200hp outboard motor for my boat, and while on the trip I stopped at Granger's, Harbor Freight, MSC, Northern, Big Blue Store, and a few other places.

The list is to big to go through but three things I really wanted to get I got. A 2ton lightweight aluminum frame floor jack, a Portable Band Saw, and a powder coat gun with fouf cans pf powder paint.

On the way home I got to use the jack to change one of the old dry rotted tires on the trailer. Pretty easy to move around.

Once home I tested the portable Band saw on a section of angle iron 1½"X2"X¼". It cut through it in about 15 seconds, compared to my Tiger (Sazall type) Saw taking about 2 minutes and then wearing out the blades so fast I would have to replace them after about every 5 or 6 cuts.

That leaves the powder coat gun. I have to buy the wife a new electric range for the kitchen, then I get the old one. I thing the brake drums on the back of my Burb will be first, then the front disk calipers. I just have to decide between Black and Cardinal Red. Probably red as it will show through the Escalade spooked wheels that are on the Burb.

I will report back as soon as I get them done.

Quick Reply: New toys!