Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Removable Borla Muffler...welders come on in!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Removable Borla Muffler...welders come on in!

I have an adjustable Borla exhaust on my 2000 WS6 and I want to get rid of the muffler. Most of my exhaust sound is coming from my passenger side exhaust side since my place is open and I want it to go through both sides. So I thought about having the muffler removable. If I can buy a $200 welder and a few $15 pieces of stainless pipes and go to town, that'd be awesome. My question is, what's preventing me from doing this? My house is set up for 110 volt current so wouldn't this welder work just fine?

Link to $200 Mig Welder

Mig welding stainless would work just fine right? I'd just have a little splatter to clean up with the dremel. Obviously I haven't welded before, but I think I could pick it up just fine.

If I can go this route, I might end up fabbing up a dual system over the axel.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

C'mon...I know there's some welding guru's around here.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a flux-core only welder, which is pretty limiting -- but means you don't need a gas bottle and regulator. It also means more cleanup afterwards, but for most exhaust stuff nobody cares. Its definitely the right price for you to pick up and start playing with, and it's definitely enough to get your exhaust work done.