Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Help w/ Cabinets

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 01:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help w/ Cabinets

I did a search and found some great information on flooring & shelves, but I am looking for some cabinets.

I know the gladiator shelves are nice, but I am looking for something permanent, that I can mount to the walls, (on the studs of course) that I can paint white to match the garage, and has doors on it to hide all my junk, or at least hide some of it. I want shelves I can mount up top on the back wall of my garage.

Anyone know where I might be able to find something like this?
I don't want to buy new high dollar kitchen cabinets from Lowe's or HD and put them in my garage.

What I could really use are some used, not so pretty looking, but strong kitchen cabinets that I can paint white.

or is there something else you guys suggest or know of?

Thanks,
BTW
Going with the khaki Rust-O-Leum Epoxy, bought it on sale for $51 a kit at Sears the other day.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

4x8 sheets of 3/4" MDF are $20 at Home Depot. I thought about going that route for some wall units. Be easy enough to make a full 3x3x1 shelf from 1 sheet for ~30 bucks total if you have a saw and maybe a router. 3/4" MDF is stout stuff but very easy to work with.

Watch the Austin Craigslist (at http://austin.craigslist.org/ ). Or post a 'wanted' ad (hey, it's free). Someone remodeling their kitchen or bathroom might either give you or sell cheap their old cabinetry.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:32 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaroholic
Watch the Austin Craigslist (at http://austin.craigslist.org/ ). Or post a 'wanted' ad (hey, it's free). Someone remodeling their kitchen or bathroom might either give you or sell cheap their old cabinetry.
Either that or wait for a garbage amnesty day if you have to pay for garbage in your area. Or start cruising alleys and checking dumpsters if it looks like someones remodeling
Old 07-23-2006, 12:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yo, Camaroholic

nice rides,
You need to check my cars out, very similar mix of new and old,
just like you.

-Jon