Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

[ Searching for affordable machine shope to machine a Merlin aluminum bare block ]

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 12:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [ Searching for affordable machine shope to machine a Merlin aluminum bare block ]

Hello, I have made a killer deal on a

World Product Merlin X 10.200" tall deck bare block.

That is a raw casted block that will need to be done all of the screw threads
and machining like the

Main Caps

Head bolt bores

Tranny flange (how it looks)

Water pump screw threads

must get sleeved

square decked

align honed

freeze pluged

torque plate bored and mole honed

need the bearings

and what ever else.

Who know a good, cheap, and competent on such work, machine shop who can do that?

The seller have to measure it out before but he is almost sure that the raw bore is 4.49".

What displacement do you recommend for a 68 Impala with 4l80E and 12 bolt posi?

My friend said: Man, what a quesiton - the biggest possible (should be 632cid on that block ), but I dont know, what is your opinion members?

The price of a 540cid, 598cid, 604cid or 634cid is nearly the same so with which one to get along is my confusion.

If there is any machine shop in the forum, I need the FAIR offers right now for machining and a rotating assembly matching that block.

So if you want the order come in touch by bow-tie@gmx.at right now.

Hannes
Attached Thumbnails [ Searching for affordable machine shope to machine a Merlin aluminum bare block ]-world-products-merlin-ii.jpg   [ Searching for affordable machine shope to machine a Merlin aluminum bare block ]-world-products-merlin-iii.jpg  
Old 01-03-2008, 08:48 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dont know what you mean by "affordable". Your average machine shop wont be able to do something like that. Where are you located? That might help as far as locating a shop.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:12 AM
On The Tree

I am not from the states. They block is still by the seller and I have a shipping address in the USA (a close friend) where I can store the block as long as I dont have a machine shop.

A real engine shop should not have a problem with that some windings to cut. I am also a machinist (I dont know if it is named so) and if I would have the experience of blueprinting and the measurements I would do it myself.
Also I am not working in that profession anymore and so I dont have access to the machines.

Thanks Hannes
Old 01-03-2008, 09:34 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hannes_slanec
I am not from the states. They block is still by the seller and I have a shipping address in the USA (a close friend) where I can store the block as long as I dont have a machine shop.

A real engine shop should not have a problem with that some windings to cut. I am also a machinist (I dont know if it is named so) and if I would have the experience of blueprinting and the measurements I would do it myself.
Also I am not working in that profession anymore and so I dont have access to the machines.

Thanks Hannes
Sonny Leonard in Lynchburg Virginia. He builds nothing but mountain motors. Very large cubic inch engines.
Or CNC blocks who responded in your other thread.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What happend to the other shot block you got?????????

Man, wish I had your money.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
What happend to the other shot block you got?????????

Man, wish I had your money.
You mean the BBC 540cid? Still got it but is still in the USA.

No no, I am not rich at all. I just save my whole money for that hobby. I dont smoke, drink, or spend my cash on girls. The short block is still there and the Merlin is not paid jet and I think I will tell the seller he shall give it to the other guy who wanted to buy it.
Maybe I also bring it to Austria as I have already some offers for it here.

If you look carefully I also have Vortec 496 short block, I wrote some threads about it.
I have bought it for almost nothing and will resell it here in Austria, will always bring a bit of profit. At least no loss.

Have an important thread at the moment because I search for a good but cheap machine shop (not for the Merlin), I am very happy for every hint.

I wanted to go with the shop I have bought the 540cid from but he is toooo expensive and I am not satisfied with some things.

Thanks Hannes

Quick Reply: [ Searching for affordable machine shope to machine a Merlin aluminum bare block ]