User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Classifieds having issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 11:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Classifieds having issues

I seem to be having issues with the classifieds, I tried searching for 1998-2002 Pontiac Trans Am, only other option was for the color as black. No results pop up. So I tried it with any color (left that box empty) nothing showed up again. I tried using the keyword 'Procharger' no posts in the last 30 days AGAIN

But for some reason once when I tried it again with the black color option, it showed up a list of every car FS in that forum, so at least I got something. It just didn't produce what I asked it to

Help?
Old 03-08-2011, 02:02 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Is this still an issue? I used your search criteria and received the expected results. I was unable to duplicate your issue?

Attached Thumbnails Classifieds having issues-9802blacktals1techsearch.jpg  
Old 03-08-2011, 04:45 PM
TECH Resident

We had an issue like this months ago with Robb. It turned out he was able to do it just fine because of his usergroup permissions. I provided him with a screenshot of what I and the rest of the members saw and he corrected it. It seems to be doing the same thing as before. Had this issue yesterday as well

Still having the issue presently. I notice on mine that the Tr in Trans Am are also unusually close together.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:56 PM

I tested with a user in your user group (which the user group you're in represents the majority of the members). I was unable to duplicate the issue with the test account in your user group. I'm not seeing others reporting the issue (yet), so those two things makes it appear that it might not be a user group issue.

I'll look more into it. But what browser are you using?
Old 03-09-2011, 12:30 AM
TECH Resident

Hmm, I'm not sure what the deal is. Browser is Firefox, same as always
Old 03-09-2011, 08:37 AM
IB Staff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey Elite, could you please try clearing out your LS1tech cookies & browser cache, just in case it's something funky like that?

cheers,
robb
Old 03-09-2011, 12:24 PM
TECH Resident

*sigh* same issue. Just brought a family member in the room to watch me do the search and make sure I wasn't insane or stupid and missing something (even though I do the searching just about everyday)

Come to think about it I did upgrade my browser to the new Firefox 4 Beta but it worked before though. Hmmmm...
Old 03-09-2011, 11:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can confirm this issue. I've never been able to use the search feature in the Vehicle Classifieds section no matter which browser I'm using. I tried with both Chrome and IE. Cleared cache/cookies and still does the following:

Old 03-10-2011, 12:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

I've got the same issue as both of them.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:16 AM

I can confirm the issue and verify there's something wrong with the Search. In the above examples, for the option "LS Engine?" you all have selected "Has LS Engine". In FireFox, this option does not appear to be working as desired. When I use Google Chrome browser, the LS Engine? is defaulted to "Has LS Engine" (as you guys show) and suddenly no search works with that option selected.

There's definitely an issue with that search box and it appears it may be with the LS Engine field option as it's not working as intended and it appears to be breaking the search.

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by JeremyT; 03-10-2011 at 04:55 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:56 AM
IB Staff

Thanks everyone, thanks Jeremy.

We definitely agree there is something going on. I don't think we've changed anything on the site, which is a bit confusing. We'll get the tech team in to look at things today, our apologies for the inconvenience.

cheers,
robb
Old 03-10-2011, 06:48 PM
TECH Resident

haha there goes ole SnIpEz saving the classifieds yet AGAIN

Old 03-11-2011, 05:45 PM
TECH Resident

Did they figure out what the problem was by chance?
Old 03-14-2011, 05:01 PM
TECH Resident

Anyone?
Old 03-14-2011, 05:11 PM
IB Staff

it would appear that someone changed some of the configuration options. For what reason, I have no idea.

Can you let me know if the problem has been fixed?

cheers,
robb
Old 03-14-2011, 06:34 PM
TECH Resident

Ok so at first it wasn't working. I noticed the "Has LS engine?" drop down box was changed to bullet point radio **** style buttons. I got no results. I tried erasing black in the box where you type the color. Got 3 results of a white car, an MRM colored car, and something else I can't remember. I was mildly annoyed and then noticed the "more options" feature. I clicked that and tinkered with it and got some results though I don't think it was perfect as evidenced by the following screenshot. My suggestion for you guys is to delete the option for people to type in the color name they want and go with the drop down list with an 'other' option for colors that aren't part of the list. That way there's not two conflicting options to sort by color and it cleans things up a bit. I would also just make the 'Extra search options' a standard part of the search. And while you're at it, just to make it easier on users so they dont have to search twice or for those who don't care, I'd add an 'Either' option for the transmission choice. I would also try to find a way to either eliminate the option to type the engine you want or combine the two somehow (I have no idea how you would do that) It just seems kinda like an option that repeats itself, like the color choice one. I got black Trans Ams primarily for my search but also got a few others mixed in as well, not sure what that is all about?

Old 03-20-2011, 01:13 PM
TECH Resident

So what's up?
Old 03-26-2011, 07:24 PM
TECH Resident

Bump...
Old 03-28-2011, 01:44 PM
IB Staff

how about now?
Old 03-28-2011, 04:40 PM
TECH Resident

Definitely better, much better results as well. Only 1 thing I've noticed (don't hate me lol) is that now there are two color choice options. If I input 'black' into the box where you type it, I get this result:

If I select if from the drop down however, I get this

With other tinkering around with it it seems to completely ignore whatever you put into the typed-area box and only go with the drop down menu. I'd just delete the first one as to avoid confusion for people who don't know.

Other than that, everything looks great! Thanks guys

Oh and one other thing. I also noticed that not all of the entries for black are black cars. You'll notice in the screenshot there are 2 red cars, 2 white cars and 1 silver car. Not sure what that was about, just thought I'd point it out. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Classifieds having issues