User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

question about buying from tech members

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 11:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question question about buying from tech members

i think i may have already asked this but any way.what is the best way to buy from members on here.i have a debit card set up through paypal and thats how i by most of my parts.but just curious as to what everyone else does when purchasing parts.i know to look for long memberships and high trader rating but.as to money orders or cards or etc is got me a little stumped
Old 01-27-2007, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you feel uneasy about who you are buying from pay via credit card through paypal . Credit card comapnies got a gang of lawyers to help in case you got to file a claim . Though I have dealt with many good honest sellers via money order there is not much protection if something goes wrong so just make sure you know who you are dealing with .
Old 02-06-2007, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use my debit card through PayPal as well.

Good lord snake charmer, you have to have the best treader rating of any non business that I have ever seen. Kudos to you.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Fiery Features Director

Although the best form of payment is Paypal, they can not always help if something goes wrong. The only way that a refund can be issued through Paypal is if the funds are still in the other account. Most scammers will remove the funds immediately. It is good to pay by a credit card and always keep any written communication you have with the seller. If you are buying an item with substantial value, make sure to do your research. Always ask for updated and clear pictures of the item.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:36 PM
12 Second Club

ok thanks zangle and everyone else i was just kinda lost when i cam to buying parts from here .but theirs a lot of great ppl on this site so i belive i will be fine .but if a problem should arise you can be sure you will here me lol thanks to all
Old 02-09-2007, 03:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

It is the buyer's responsibility to ensure they do not get screwed over by another members. That includes:

Doing your research - both on the seller and on the item listed.

Covering your *** by using a payment method that is easy to get refunded in case something goes wrong, IE a credit card.

Make sure you are very specific about the deal - the condition of the item/s being bought, quantity, shipping details - amount of insurance, type of shipping, where to, and when item is expected to be shipped.

If you get screwed, we as moderators are here to help IF there is a problem. It is the member's responsibility to exhaust all possible resources to try to resolve an issue prior to contacting staff members.

In the end, there is little we can do to force members into anything other than taking action against their account. Buying/selling on this board is AT YOUR OWN RISK, and there are NO guarantees for anything - this site is not responsible for transactions conducted through it. Those sections are provided free of charge, AS IS.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

most guys on this site are pretty good guys, just a bunch of guys lookin out for each other and helping each other
Old 02-09-2007, 05:10 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by 02silvaZ
most guys on this site are pretty good guys, just a bunch of guys lookin out for each other and helping each other
+1

I've dealt with a dozen members here and never had any problems