Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2001 Trans Am WS6 41K original miles!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 07:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Trans Am WS6 41K original miles!

Year: 2001
Make: Pontiac
Model: Firebird
Price: $8500
Mileage: 41178
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): AL
Color: White
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

As the title states I have a 2001 Pontiac Firebird WS6 up for sale.
First and foremost, the car DOES HAVE A REBUILT TITLE.

Ok, the car has 41,178 original miles and cranks and runs.
It's been sitting for around 4 years or so but it will crank up. Exterior is in good shape.

Interior is in great shape.

Please let me know if you have any questions

Asking $8,500

Email at BrianAo34atgmail.com for quicker response.

Car is located in Andalusia, AL

Old 06-11-2012, 07:19 AM

Bump!
Old 06-11-2012, 07:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why the rebuilt title

how far from huntsville
Old 06-11-2012, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by lemons12
why the rebuilt title

how far from huntsville
They both are flood vehicles from Hurricane Katrina I believe. But there is not sign of water damage to the inside of the car and all the electronics work as they should.

It's almost 5 hours from Huntsville.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:15 AM

Bump. Taking offers
Old 07-10-2012, 03:00 PM

Figured there'd be more action in here
Old 07-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Teching In

Nice cars but IMO its to much money for the title being rebuilt it throws the org miles out the window. I buy many of these cars myself, have had over 20 in 2 yrs. I would be interested in both cars if the price was right. If not no biggie and good luck with your sale. To nice of cars to be sitting.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by 1Bad99Vette
Nice cars but IMO its to much money for the title being rebuilt it throws the org miles out the window. I buy many of these cars myself, have had over 20 in 2 yrs. I would be interested in both cars if the price was right. If not no biggie and good luck with your sale. To nice of cars to be sitting.
I don't know the going rate of these cars, but I just found the KellyBlueBook value of the car in the worst condition and took off the CarFax's recommended amount for it being a rebuilt title, and then dropped it down another $500 or so.

http://www.kbb.com/pontiac/firebird/...=private-party

KBB value in the worst condition is almost $12K, and this car is far from that.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Teching In

I think if you were able to elaborate a bit more on the condition of the car, it would help. $8500 might be within range. Have you driven the car? Is EVERYTHING electrical and mechanical functioning as it should? The car should be driven for at least 100 miles just to make sure everything is functioning properly. Do you have any paperwork at all that describes what damage rendered the car as a "salvage" vehicle? Has a mechanic examined it at all? Hurricane Katrina happened long enough ago that if the car had been saturated, it would be showing signs of rust....particularly on surfaces that are not painted. Does the car have any musty funny smells? Is it making any funny noises?
Even if you were selling it for $4500, most buyers do not want to chance getting on the road with it and then experiencing severe electrical problems (which flood cars typically experience)....or finding out the engine and/or transmission internals were soaked and are substantially deteriorated from sitting. Water and engines don't go together very well....as I'm sure you know.
Take it for a ride and have someone video...do a walkaround.....and record everything you can.
These are just my suggestions. I don't mean to come across as condascending. People buy "rebuilt" titled cars all the time but the smart ones only buy them when they know exactly why it has a "rebuilt" title and specifically how the damage was addressed. Water damaged vehicles with "rebuilt" titles are particularly difficult to sell.
Good luck with your sale!! Again, $8500 might not be bad but, as it stands, this car has a HUGE question mark attached to it.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

More information and pictures would help your sale

Last edited by Phil'sC5vette; 07-11-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would do $10K for both cars if your interested...thats a real offer of real money.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by 97ramsst
I would do $10K for both cars if your interested...thats a real offer of real money.
I inquired about both cars and had the same figure in mind myself.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:06 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 97ramsst
Thats what I pm'd him 10k for both!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1Bad99Vette
Thats what I pm'd him 10k for both!
Lol, while I didn't actually offer it, that's what I had in mind too! Funny.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:34 PM

Sorry for the vague description and all, I'm currently helping a buddy of mine sell off the rest of his dad's cars that he had before he passed. I put up as much info as we both know.

We don't have time to drive each car 100 miles.

If there are serious/potential buyers then feel free to send me an email and we can set up a time for you to look at the cars.

As stated the cars are in Andalusia, but we both live in Montgomery where we both work so it's not really an easy thing to go answer every little question.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Then you'll have a heck of a time selling those cars for any money lol. GLWTS.... put forth some more effort and these cars might move. The Salvage title kills it for most.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 95_Z_Twenty_Eight
I think if you were able to elaborate a bit more on the condition of the car, it would help. $8500 might be within range. Have you driven the car? Is EVERYTHING electrical and mechanical functioning as it should? The car should be driven for at least 100 miles just to make sure everything is functioning properly. Do you have any paperwork at all that describes what damage rendered the car as a "salvage" vehicle? Has a mechanic examined it at all? Hurricane Katrina happened long enough ago that if the car had been saturated, it would be showing signs of rust....particularly on surfaces that are not painted. Does the car have any musty funny smells? Is it making any funny noises?
Even if you were selling it for $4500, most buyers do not want to chance getting on the road with it and then experiencing severe electrical problems (which flood cars typically experience)....or finding out the engine and/or transmission internals were soaked and are substantially deteriorated from sitting. Water and engines don't go together very well....as I'm sure you know.
Take it for a ride and have someone video...do a walkaround.....and record everything you can.
These are just my suggestions. I don't mean to come across as condascending. People buy "rebuilt" titled cars all the time but the smart ones only buy them when they know exactly why it has a "rebuilt" title and specifically how the damage was addressed. Water damaged vehicles with "rebuilt" titles are particularly difficult to sell.
Good luck with your sale!! Again, $8500 might not be bad but, as it stands, this car has a HUGE question mark attached to it.
You see this post? Read it, then re-read it, then re-read it one last time. Once your done, read it again.

Originally Posted by BrianAo34
The point of this post you replied to was to drive the car around enough to make sure everything works as it should and note any issues that may come up, however many miles that takes. Not just crank it up and claim it is good to go

If there are serious/potential buyers then feel free to send me an email and we can set up a time for you to look at the cars.
Buyers are only as serious as the seller. If you dont have time to provide details or any information that most people are/will be looking for then how serious can you expect them to be? Some buyers have offered you 10k for both cars. That is a generous offer considering the situation and they probably shouldn't even be offering that. I would take that and run like a bandit.

Even with rebuilt titles, you could make a sale with these cars, they sell all the time. A little info on your end and I bet youll get a bunch of hits and unload them pretty quick.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:01 AM
Teching In

Sorry for the vague description and all, I'm currently helping a buddy of mine sell off the rest of his dad's cars that he had before he passed. I put up as much info as we both know.

As stated the cars are in Andalusia, but we both live in Montgomery where we both work so it's not really an easy thing to go answer every little question.
Well, best of luck to you then. $8500 is probably the most you could hope to get for that car and, frankly, I doubt you will ever get that. Just Google "flood rebuilt title" and read what the experts say about buying a car with those words attached to it. Then you may understand a little better why no one is willing to offer you that. That $8500 could very quickly become $15,000 after repairs and unless someone is willing to keep the car forever, they will NEVER get the money back because these cars are barely selling for that without a "rebuilt" title.

The sad thing is, your friend could potentially have two really nice cars sitting there. The insurance companies were so overwhelmed trying to settle claims after the hurricane that those vehicles may have experienced a minimal amount of damage.

The $10,000 you've been offered for both cars is about as reasonable an offer as you could hope to get with the information given. You and your friend really should consider it if you don't have the time to provide more details. GLWS !!
Old 07-14-2012, 11:29 AM
Launching!

^^^Well said.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:40 PM
10 Second Club

Get your lazy *** in the cars and go drive them. How does that take time out of your day? You have to go to work right? DRIVE THE DAMN CAR TO WORK!!!!! DRIVE IT TO THE GROCERY STORE!! Jesus Christ dude. Noone is going to buy a salvage titled flood car without some proof that its good to go. If you want to sell them wash the bastards, clean them up and knock the rust off the rotors...................

Quick Reply: 2001 Trans Am WS6 41K original miles!