Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

06 Duramax CC LB 4x4 - One Owner - 87k - $25650

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 03:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 06 Duramax CC LB 4x4 - One Owner - 87k - $25650

Year: 2006
Make: Chevrolet
Model: C/K 2500
Price: $25650
Mileage: 87256
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): SC
Color: Red
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD

2006 Chevrolet Silverado LT1 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax with 87,000+ miles for sale by the original owner.

More pictures available here: https://plus.google.com/photos/11483...22443583291953

I ordered this truck from City Chevrolet in Charlotte NC with the following very desirable options:

1. Cloth seats - warmer in the winter, cooler in the summer.
2. 60/40 split front seat - no console means this truck comfortably seats 6 when need, but does have the center armrest and cupholders when less than 6 are traveling.
3. Rubber floor covering - instead of carpet - easy to keep clean, muddy shoes/boots are no problem.
4. Manual HVAC controls - much more reliable than the completely electronic ones that are so expensive to fix.
5. Trailering package - includes extendable mirrors, hitch, and power connectors for 5th wheel trailering.
6. Long Bed - still fits 6 ft of cargo even with full sized toolbox in the bed.
7. Chrome factory step bars - truck sits a little high so this makes it easier for ingress/egress (also prevents damage to body, more on that in a minute.)
8. Factory off road skid plates
9. 3.73 Rear axle ratio with locking differential in the rear
10. Factory LT1 trim which means 6 way power sets, power heated OSRV mirrors, Pwr door locks and windows, and remote keyless entry with alarm.

Everything you need, and nothing you don't. Original sticker was $42,973.

In addition to these factory options, I added the following accessories to the truck:

1. Factory Hummer H2 Chrome wheels - 17x8 1/2", with factory Hummer BF Goodrich All Terrain Tires 315-70x17 (33" tall). These are nice and quite and help the truck stop, turn, and accelerate better - much better traction than factory sized tires. Tires have approximately 40% tread remaining (see pictures).
2. United Welding Services Black PowderCoated Tool box - x x x - Box has two tool trays, also does not go all the way down to the bottom of the bed so you can still fit 4x8 sheets of drywall or plywood in the bed.
3. Rubber bed mat - heavy rubber bed mat prevents parts slipping in bed and does not get dented or chipped unlike spray in or plastic bed liners.
4. Rancho RS9000 9 position heavy duty adjustable gas shocks - these shocks made the truck ride much better and have the benefit of allowing you to select your desired ride stiffness - can be adjusted without removing - just reach in and turn the ****!

As a 2006 model truck, this has the very desirable LBZ engine with the last year without a Diesel Particulate filter and no diesel exhaust fluid - much cheaper and easier to maintain. Also the last year without the airbag black box recording device, and since this truck does not have OnStar the government can't track it. Truck gets around 20mpg running 70mph on the interstate, 14-16 in town.

As the original owner with the original intent to keep the truck forever, I have taken extraordinary steps on the maintenance of the vehicle. All of the differential and transfer case gear oils were changed to Mobil 1 Synthetic the day I brought it home from the dealer, as was the engine and transmission oil. The transmission oil has since been changed to the Allison recommended Castrol Transyd fully synthetic heavy duty transmission fluid used in their 18 wheeler transmission. Engine oil changes have always been with Mobil 1 Diesel Synthetic. Fuel, oil, and transmission filters changed as recommended religiously. Truck has only ever been to the dealer for one failed glow plug, otherwise has been perfectly reliable. Never modified, never had a tuner connected to it, completely stock drivetrain. Does run CarCrafters Mileage tune via EFILive. Washed weekly and waxed a minimum of 4 times a year, always with Zaino show car polish (look it up on the internet - the best polish available) this truck shines like new (see pictures) - you can easily see your reflection in any of the body panels.

Although the truck has been very well taken care of, it does have some minor flaws. There is some minor damage to the outside of the body behind the left rear wheel. My son backed the truck in to his sisters Land Rover with brush guard and dented the panel and tweaked the bumper. I have the repair estimate from the body shop and will deduct the cost of the repair from the sales price of the truck. There is one small fist sized dent in the passenger side running board, a young lady decided to driver her Toyota in to that side of the truck for some reason - no damage to the body (carfax attached - it has never been to the body shop). There is one scratch on the tailgate from minor trailering incident. A few minor scratches only the outside of the bed (only noticeable because I am perfectionist - perfectly normal for a truck that has the bed used from time to time) and a few small dents on the fenderwells on the inside of the bed ( I would consider normal for a truck that is used to haul things) - see pictures.

Edit:carfax and repair estimate for damage behind left rear uploaded.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Preliminary Estimate.pdf (63.7 KB, 121 views)

Last edited by TRex; 02-16-2015 at 11:28 AM.

Quick Reply: 06 Duramax CC LB 4x4 - One Owner - 87k - $25650