Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

What happend to this place?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 04:45 PM
Livin La Vida Goat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What happend to this place?

I have been around alot longer than my post count would suggest and I just can't believe the amount of **** talking that now takes place.

Back in the day there would be a large group of guys that would talk some crap and then head to the track and race. afterwards we would grab a bite to eat and have a good time.

All of a sudden there is a bunch of Internet tough guys and this place has turned into a pro street racing board????

Just seems strange to me that nobody gets along anymore and everybody butt hurt about not having the fastest car at the Dessert Street races.

Win or Loose I could give a crap because I have always enjoyed racing and banging gears.

I can remember back when my SS and Ninefingers car were both running impressive mid to low 12 second 1/4 times and when Titan's Z28 was bar none the fastest bolton converter car on the west coast.Now there is no times to talk about.... only gripes about who will smoke everyone.

Where did all the Enthusiasts go?
Old 02-24-2006, 04:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know what you mean. I stick to the tech talk only now. Those were the good days, some have moved on from LS1 F-Bodies.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:35 PM
8 Second Club

I am still here,with a little faster car now.I remember the good old days.But sadly most of the hasbeens have since sold their cars and there is now a new bolt on crew but really nothing fast anymore other than a few.
Nice seeing you back on here Brandon.Been awhile.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:53 PM
Livin La Vida Goat

Originally Posted by Nine Finger 02 Z28
I am still here,with a little faster car now.I remember the good old days.But sadly most of the hasbeens have since sold their cars and there is now a new bolt on crew but really nothing fast anymore other than a few.
Nice seeing you back on here Brandon.Been awhile.
It's been too long!!

It's too much $$$ and trouble to have a fast car in California.

Plus with most of the Tracks being so far away or over crowded it kind of took the fun out of it. (I used to go to Carlsbad every other weekend)

Your new cars are pretty damm impressive..... I would hate to see all of the receipts piled up but I know you have always had the need to go fasssst.

I am good these days just putting around in a slow vette
Old 02-24-2006, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Been around the same amount of time but your right, there is WAY too much **** being talked on here by abunch internet babies.

I'm by far not the fastest nor do i plan on being it. Just have my SS to have alittle fun against those pesky little snakes
Old 02-24-2006, 07:31 PM
Banned

welcome to e-thug world

the good old days!! nothing like going out on sat night and making a few runs then going up to sonic and bullsh$#ing, but in the last couple of years iv'e had to go to cali or vegas to get some real races and those have been for $.

here in phoenix were lucky if we get 10+ cars once or twice a year in one spot for some good grudge races.

i liked carslbad (except return road) no tech
Old 02-26-2006, 02:13 PM
TECH Regular

I have to agree with you. Things have changed on this site over the last few years. More lurkers than true enthusiasts.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:54 PM
11 Second Club

YEAH MY CAR WILL SMOKE YOUR POS CARS, I HAVE THE FASTEST LS1 IN THE COUNTRY, BRING YOUR CRAPPY CAR OUT AND MEET ME ANYWHERE, ANYTIME, ANYPLACE, LETS RUN FOR PINKS!

LOL,

Only kidding, but that is just a sample of what goes on here now. Anyways we had a good time racing in the desert last night, and there werent any "EGO'S" and everyone had a good time. Everything was done safely, and away from the public. I'm sure this would have been something our parents would have done in the 50's/60's, well that is if your my age. Anyways even though there are the "Tough Guys" on here, there are those true enthusiasts still around, tuning and teching, and having a good time. Even though there are alot of negatives, the positives still exist.

Flash-

Quick Reply: What happend to this place?