Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

CA To Be On Cutting Edge of Increased Smog Control

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 10:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CA To Be On Cutting Edge of Increased Smog Control

Since our state is run unchecked by whackos, it's time to step up to a new level of smog control. I'm sure this means some nice new laws to make CA even MORE of a **** state. This along with the new crackdown on illegal mods like loud mufflers, longtubes, N2O and stickers which suggest you are a "streetracer", should really help us in our quest for strict federal control in every part of our life. Welcome to the USSR!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/autos_emi...kxBHNlYwN0bQ--
Old 03-17-2006, 01:37 PM
TECH Junkie

damn
Old 03-17-2006, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"California should continue its pioneering role in setting mobile-source emissions standards," the NRC said. "The role will aid the state's effort to achieve air quality goals and will allow it to continue to be a proving ground for new emissions-control technologies that benefit California and the rest of the nation."

But many of the industries affected by the state's rules want Congress to strip California of its power because they perceive the rules as too expensive and unnecessary.
Where do I sign up?
Old 03-17-2006, 02:25 PM
TECH Addict

[QUOTE=1320Kid]************...

Where do I sign up?[/QUOTE]

Ditto that!! California is on a fast path to dictating every part of our lives.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:46 PM
On The Tree

omg! ya post that link on here where to sign up cuz if that goes through im movin down south! **** this!
Old 03-17-2006, 08:18 PM
TECH Addict

the only reason they have such strict laws, is because the population is 61,000,000 people..
Old 03-17-2006, 09:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GR33N GoblinM6
the only reason they have such strict laws, is because the population is 61,000,000 people..

Having grown up here, I can tell you there's alot more to it than that man!
Old 03-17-2006, 09:56 PM
TECH Addict

lived there all my life too.. till i moved 6 months ago... highest population combined with tree huggers from SF.. combined with Hollywood homo's.. combined with damn liberals..
Old 03-17-2006, 10:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Old 03-18-2006, 12:04 AM
TECH Addict

lived there all my life too.. till i moved 6 months ago... highest population combined with tree huggers from SF.. combined with Hollywood homo's.. combined with damn liberals..

That's more like it lol!
Old 03-18-2006, 06:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As long as there exist smog regulations, there will always be ways around them
Old 03-18-2006, 08:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Stop whining. The report says that california has done a good job of reducing toxic emissions from both mobile and stationary sources. It doesnt suggest changing anything except improving communications between the EPA and CARB.

Sounds like Briggs & Straton is concerned that there lawnmower engines will be held to the same emissions standards as all the competition. Big ****** deal if they have to pony up for a catalytic convertor. Who cares?

Its 2006 and I can go down the street to my local chevy dealer and buy a 500HP corvette that tops out at 200 MPH. How often could that have occured in the USSR?

And these gay comments... come on, are you guys homophobes? Seems like homophobes are usually supressing their own homosexual interestes. Why do you concern yourself with where some guy (you may or may not know) is sticking his dick?

Holly ****** ****, GR33N is living in UTAH and making fun of gays, liberals and treehugers... ROFL. BAHAHAHAHAHAH.

My flame suit is on so go ahead and fire away. I just wanted to make a post so the f-body community isnt represented strickly by the above BS.

Peace,
A Liberal f-body enthusiast.
Old 03-19-2006, 04:58 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SSpeedracer
Stop whining. The report says that california has done a good job of reducing toxic emissions from both mobile and stationary sources. It doesnt suggest changing anything except improving communications between the EPA and CARB.

Sounds like Briggs & Straton is concerned that there lawnmower engines will be held to the same emissions standards as all the competition. Big ****** deal if they have to pony up for a catalytic convertor. Who cares?

Its 2006 and I can go down the street to my local chevy dealer and buy a 500HP corvette that tops out at 200 MPH. How often could that have occured in the USSR?

And these gay comments... come on, are you guys homophobes? Seems like homophobes are usually supressing their own homosexual interestes. Why do you concern yourself with where some guy (you may or may not know) is sticking his dick?

Holly ****** ****, GR33N is living in UTAH and making fun of gays, liberals and treehugers... ROFL. BAHAHAHAHAHAH.

My flame suit is on so go ahead and fire away. I just wanted to make a post so the f-body community isnt represented strickly by the above BS.

Peace,

No need to flame you....your flames are very evident!

Peace,
A conservative f-body enthusiast.
Old 03-19-2006, 03:02 PM
TECH Addict

i moved here 6 months ago.. so? ..CA has too much traffic, a 10 mile drive on the 55, or 5 or 405 takes 35min.. cost of insurance here is 75% less than what i paid in CA.. my house is 4000sq ft and cost 2/3's less than what it would in CA, i can acutally SEE the mountains instead of smog.. english is the 1st language spoken here.. not spanish..

CA is ok, i miss surfing, thats about it.. dont miss anything else..
Old 03-19-2006, 11:33 PM
TECH Addict

i moved here 6 months ago.. so? ..CA has too much traffic, a 10 mile drive on the 55, or 5 or 405 takes 35min.. cost of insurance here is 75% less than what i paid in CA.. my house is 4000sq ft and cost 2/3's less than what it would in CA, i can acutally SEE the mountains instead of smog.. english is the 1st language spoken here.. not spanish..

CA is ok, i miss surfing, thats about it.. dont miss anything else..
you do have to go to a state liquor store to buy your drinks... which is a bitch... if you drink... you can't use tobacco until your 19... oh you have laws and rules to follow out there with those lovely mormans. i lived in utah for a year due to the fact that i went to some **** college named university of utah
Old 03-20-2006, 09:29 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RrCoX22
you do have to go to a state liquor store to buy your drinks... which is a bitch... if you drink... you can't use tobacco until your 19... oh you have laws and rules to follow out there with those lovely mormans. i lived in utah for a year due to the fact that i went to some **** college named university of utah
i dont drink... i dont use tobacco.. ... what "lovely laws and rules" are you reffering to?? and its mormOn's not mormAn's
Old 03-20-2006, 10:23 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSpeedracer
Peace,
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! I thought your breed went extinct sometime back in the 60's

Quick Reply: CA To Be On Cutting Edge of Increased Smog Control